Technical Diesel Punto, jerking along at low revs

Currently reading:
Technical Diesel Punto, jerking along at low revs

Themuir83

My 1.9l diesel punto, which I purchased a week ago has an annoying problem, iat low revs in 3Rd and 4th it kinda does this jerking/jolting pogoing thing. I've noticed air/fuel leaking from under the big nut at the base of the injector, and this is all I can see is wrong, would this cause the car to do this? And if so how do I fix it. Cheers in advance

My 1.9l diesel punto, which I purchased a week ago has an annoying problem, iat low revs in 3Rd and 4th it kinda does this jerking/jolting pogoing thing. I've noticed air/fuel leaking from under the big nut at the base of the injector, and this is all I can see is wrong, would this cause the car to do this? And if so how do I fix it. Cheers in advance
Could simply be the mount that goes between gear box and the body. Try to move the engine front to back by hand and check for excessive play.

If an injector as i understand is leaking vapour out while running
Its going to be seriosuly messing up the air/fuel.mixture

This wont help to the running of the engine and under load at low revs yes you are going to be having issues

Pictures/videos do help

Yes the lower gearbox mount dont help. But not sure its same on diesels? The 8v petrols do fail over time....

Ziggy

I have the same problem did you resolve it?

Back