Detailing - am I doing it wrong?

Currently reading:
Detailing - am I doing it wrong?

I spent all day cleaning yesterday but feel I've a few days more work before it's finished.

I started with a pressure washer, but even at practically touching I couldn't shift some of the heavier deposits so I fell back to the pan scrubber. This did a good job of removing some of what the pressure washer still couldn't move, including some of the top coat. So I resorted to a paint scraper which managed to get rid of even the heaviest deposits upto the metal.

So when do I use the PH neutral snow foam? :confused:

before washing it which will "soften" the dirt on it, then wash it, clay, re -wash, polish (by hand or MP) and finally sealant/wax (pref 2 coats)

edit: just read what jug put agreed i worry about using a sponge on a car nevermind a pan scrubber/paint scraper :yikes: do you know how many scratches that would of caused....mostly likely on an MP would get them out....even possibly not at all...

Last edited:
I spent all day cleaning yesterday but feel I've a few days more work before it's finished.

I started with a pressure washer, but even at practically touching I couldn't shift some of the heavier deposits so I fell back to the pan scrubber. This did a good job of removing some of what the pressure washer still couldn't move, including some of the top coat. So I resorted to a paint scraper which managed to get rid of even the heaviest deposits upto the metal.

So when do I use the PH neutral snow foam? :confused:

a pressure washer?!

a pan scrubber?!

you're kidding right?

its easier to throw gravel at it, and just as effective.

Attachments

• BAD-ACID-SM.jpg
    BAD-ACID-SM.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 27
Back