Decent pressure washers?

Currently reading:
Decent pressure washers?

Im not buying one just yet but im looking into it soon what makes are decent i have heard mixed opinions about karcher ones can anyone help i dont want a crap one lol also whats the best snow foam to buy and decent alloy cleaner cheers

Hi skitz you want a decent pw I'd hand on heart recommend Stihl every time we have a Stihl RE 115K for around 8 years and it has had some real hammer.. (the unit now discontinued for a newer unit) and it has been faultless (well the unit and lance have however the original hose gave up but it really had some hammer and got cut via a scaffold board end hoop we used the machine to assist in paint stripping the house) we replaced it with a stihl steel braided jobbie and its been fine ever since.....

replaced the cable yesterday as it had chaffed through but as you can see the pump is all metal and still to all intents and purposes looks like new

2912281764_76b4b32be5.jpg

they cost about £220-£250 but well worth it in my eyes..

as for snow foam the best in terms of cleaning has to be BILT HAMBER AUTO FOAM

http://www.bilthamber.com/autofoam.html

the stihl machine takes the Bosch foam lance fitting

Last edited:
Cheers for the info just had a quick look and there is a Stihl dealer 15mins from my house so will check it out :) also im new to the detailing but how many washes you reckon that the 5litre foam will give me?

Cheers for the info just had a quick look and there is a Stihl dealer 15mins from my house so will check it out :) also im new to the detailing but how many washes you reckon that the 5litre foam will give me?

lots :D the bilt hamber isn't as economical as the others but it cleans far better you need about 250ml-300ml of the bilt hamber stuff per wash (well thats what i use)

(300 ml diluted to 600ml of warm water to total 1ltr)

It isn't as thick as some BUT you dont want a mr whippy consistency as the foam not in contact is just a waste and the way the foam works is by running off the paint slowly taking the dirt and grit with it...

from my foam lance i can at a push do 2 cars with the 1ltr solution mix

but it all depends on your water pressure and pressure washer the correct rate can be worked out like this

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=71201

as for wheel cleaner Bilberry seems to be a popular safe choice for regular use

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=71201

i have used and have a stock pile of autoglyms wheel clean but its very caustic ideal on very dirty alloys but a bit harsh for the weekly clean especially on custom finishes

Last edited:
Hi skitz you want a decent pw I'd hand on heart recommend Stihl every time we have a Stihl RE 115K for around 8 years and it has had some real hammer.. (the unit now discontinued for a newer unit) and it has been faultless (well the unit and lance have however the original hose gave up but it really had some hammer and got cut via a scaffold board end hoop we used the machine to assist in paint stripping the house) we replaced it with a stihl steel braided jobbie and its been fine ever since.....

replaced the cable yesterday as it had chaffed through but as you can see the pump is all metal and still to all intents and purposes looks like new

2912281764_76b4b32be5.jpg

they cost about £220-£250 but well worth it in my eyes..

as for snow foam the best in terms of cleaning has to be BILT HAMBER AUTO FOAM

http://www.bilthamber.com/autofoam.html

the stihl machine takes the Bosch foam lance fitting

I'd agree, Stihl produce superb tools, didn't know they made pressure washers though.

I'd say the Karcher consumer range are ****-poor, even the expensive ones. If you open them up you'll see they use plastic motors, pumps etc which won't last, especially if they take a bit of a bashing.

I've got a Karcher HD 6/12 which is from the industrial/commercial range. The unit has brass heads and pump and weighs around 30kg whereas the consumer units weigh in around 10kg. Had the machine for about five years with no problems whatsoever.

I really rate bilberry wheel cleaner. I bought some last week and it shifts the dirt off wheels so easily. Didnt have to go near them because it had got everything off them when i jet washed them down!

Back