Battery Pressure Washer

Currently reading:
Battery Pressure Washer

https://amandan.online/products/dol...V6xDLFIsKQLm_0Yr1iD3eUCMifeDtwsD4zWowFbwtEvBU

One per customer, total inc shipping comes to just shy of £28.
The advert reckons it's good for 450psi - I'll believe that when I see it. Runs off a 40v battery and comes with a few attachments (the snowfoam bottle for my Karcher disappeared ages ago).

So, it'll never get the real grime off like a decent jetwash but for anyone who likes to keep on top of the muck on their car/bike etc - or even the dog (it does 240psi for watering), at £28 it's got to be worth a punt?

I've seen something similar advertised in the UK, possibly on the telly, but didn't pay enough attention to remember its make. Could be a Worx, or might have been a yellow one, suggesting a De-Walt.

Found this:https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/draper-d20pw16bar-pressure-washer/
At £156, a bit more than the one you found, but likely to be better. Probably not 5 times better though.

Edit:
It was a Worx I saw on the telly.
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9101089
Still rather more than £30.
ALDI did one for £40 for a time, but now showing as no longer available. So perhaps theirs was not good long-term.

Last edited:
Looks like a scam, website was only registered a month ago by go daddy, the PayPal account is Chinese, the product is clearly a ripoff of a Worx hydroshot (they’ve even called this a hydroshot) lots of promises of getting your money back and over 5000 sold (which is impressive for a product that doesn’t exists anywhere else on the Internet)

Priced cheap enough that someone might think it’s worth a go. Would you get your product, maybe? If you did would it be worth while? Almost certainly not

Wouldn’t touch with a barge pole.

the product is clearly a ripoff of a Worx hydroshot (they’ve even called this a hydroshot)

On the other hand, have Worx been buying these from the manufacturer, putting on their own labels and flogging them with a huge markup?
Wasn't one of the cheap shops (Lidl, Aldi ?) knocking out rebranded Karcher once upon a time?

I was recently reminded of this practice when I was helping my son with some DiY (OK, he was in charge of keeping the coffee flowing & passing tools etc) & his mate popped round to see him.
He was a bit cheesed off with his job. One of the lads had just left, this meant that the menial stuff was now being lumped on him, as well as his other stuff. One of the product lines his company sell are machines to do with the medical industry, the machines come in 2 sizes.
His normal job was to make cradles for the large machines so make them semi-portable. He had to chop box section, weld it all up, send it off to be painted/coated then put a set of wheels on & finally, add a plug. Because of the new vacancy leaving the company short, he was to spend one day a week focussing on the smaller machines - unwrap the palette, unwrap the box, unpack the machine, cut off the Euro plug, add a UK plug then spend an age peeling off the manufacturer's sticker and adding his own company's sticker, covering any telltale marks, and finally, pack in a new, rebranded, cardboard box. Seemingly, these small machines have over 250% markup when they go out! (It's no wonder the NHS never has enough money!)

On the other hand, have Worx been buying these from the manufacturer, putting on their own labels and flogging them with a huge markup?

While we are all aware of this being something that sometimes happens, in this particular case, no.

I’ll let you go and compare the hydroshot and the errrr hydroshot you’ll see it’s not a rebrand.

What we are more aware of these days is chinese companies taking a product that sells well and making their own copy cheap. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Worx have been selling theirs for a couple of years now and as mentioned you can find plenty of videos and reviews on the net for it.

This website didn’t exist a few weeks back has no brand and claims 5000 sold already... it looks cheap even the photos of it in use are photoshopped.

If it’s so good feel free to buy one and tell us. However I subscribed to the buy quality, buy once ethos

Btw Aldi are selling the Karcher version, branded as Karcher

Back