Off Topic Dear younger me...

Currently reading:
Off Topic Dear younger me...

...please don't buy a big expensive car at list price on credit right before a global recession. Especially when you had a perfectly usable car that you had just spent over a grand on.

On a similar note, my advice to myself would be...

Please don't spend most of the year's earnings on a FIAT 500, when you already have a luxury car, a convertible, and an old hatchback that has a turbo, and all three put together cost about the same as the 500... :) That's a LOT of money for repairs, modifications, dinners out, furniture, holidays... Instead about 20% will be lost this year, 15% next year if I don't sell it. Cars are seldom a good investment unless they are old and can be improved/sold for more later. My Alfa 156 was like that.

Someone said you don't get money back for modifications. Well, you definitely don't get money back for depreciation (lost value)... take your pick, one is more fun than the other :p

-Alex

Last edited:
Dear Me,

Please don't buy a Hyundai i20 go and buy a nice used Fiat Panda now and save yourself thousands by not buying a 500.

P.S. Within the 10 day cooling off period say no to T500 JWM. You'll never use it and it's £250 you'll never see again.

Dear me [a week ago],

Please stop buying things of ebay for the car when

1) you don't know whether they will fit [like those alloys in the garage]
2) are not complete [like that double din stereo head unit without the cage/fittings looking at you in the dining room]
3) you have a knowledge gap on fitting both of the above

PS you probably shouldn't post this either.

Back