General Daytime Running Bulb Holder

Currently reading:
General Daytime Running Bulb Holder

Fireblade5697

Hi guys newbie here but with 2 daughters both with Fiat 500’s may be spending some time here lol
I’m just changing the daytime running light bulb on 2013 model - bad enough having to take wheel off to get at it but can anyone suggest a source for new bulb holder - this one seems to have melted/become brittle and virtually dropped to bits!! Euro car parts say is main dealer part and Fiat only sell whole unit!! Saw a thread on here prior to registering but now can’t find it any help muchly appreciated :)

Attachments

• IMG_6910.jpeg
    IMG_6910.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6911.jpeg
    IMG_6911.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
The terminals are still there, a new bulb might just work.

You dont need hte wheel off either, just full lock is all I've needed to change that bulb 3 times.

It's worth a try might have to remove some of the plastic , not sure why some melt and others don't, I admit it is easier with the wheel removed
A couple of the connectors have fallen out - my daughter needed it for work so had to wrap it up till next time - not ideal but headlight and full beam ok - I realised that if you Jack it up you don’t need to take the wheel off but then if I’m jacking it up I may as well - 6’1” big hands, bad eyes and back - more room the better 🤣. Thought I’d try and source the holders before I go back under :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi everyone, have got the same issue as above on my daughter's 2012 500.
The bulb holder and wires have corroded due to no lamp cover and wheel arch inspection panel. I have bought a wheel arch panel and lamp cover, and also a pair of "universal" bulb connectors off eBay, but they don't fit, diameter to big.
I have emailed club 500 Italia for a second hand replacement, but not hered anything back yet.
Does anyone know what the part number is, or if the correct ones can be purchased on line somewhere. TIA Chris.

Hi everyone, have got the same issue as above on my daughter's 2012 500.
The bulb holder and wires have corroded due to no lamp cover and wheel arch inspection panel. I have bought a wheel arch panel and lamp cover, and also a pair of "universal" bulb connectors off eBay, but they don't fit, diameter to big.
I have emailed club 500 Italia for a second hand replacement, but not hered anything back yet.
Does anyone know what the part number is, or if the correct ones can be purchased on line somewhere. TIA Chris.
A while ago someone had the same problem and another member posted up a link to some kind of replacement they found online, however i dont remember who it was and cant find the link so hopefully they or someone who has better recall than me will see this and re post it so you can have a look! in the mean- time you could try googling Fiat breakers and ring round to see if anyones got anything if you get lucky dont forget to ask them to leave as much of the wiring attached to the holder(s) when they cut it of to give you the best chance when re-fitting!

Hi I got mine from club 500 Italia - I’m sure he’ll reply soon
From ringing around its not a part Fiat do anymore they only do the whole unit - ie light and around £80-£90 - I initially got some off eBay but they were too big to go in the lamp unit - I think you’ll defo need a breakers

Thanks guys, club 500 Italia just got back to me, they don't have any at the moment, 🤬 the quest continues.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yeah, I bought the same thing as you I think, it didn't fit, the only thing with eBay listing I posted is they are from Italy, and I need to ask for a shipping quote, could prove to be expensive.

Just spotted these, does anyone know if these will fit

I don't think its the same, seller feedback is poor, if you look carefully there's only two contacts should have 3 at least if not four

Back