Technical Dash Repair Question

Currently reading:
Technical Dash Repair Question

Hi all. Got these dash lights that come on when I engage cruise. Read a bit about this snag. Seem to be related to a duff dash… short circuiting etc. Some say new dash needed. Some say needs resoldering. Last time I used cruise, I got a hot smell coming through into the cabin!
Not using the cruise option now, van is booked in for repairs under its 1yr guarantee. Not sure how they’re gonna do the repair
Question: do I accept a resolder repair, or do I insist on a complete new dash?
IMG_4051.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4052.jpeg
    IMG_4052.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
I do not think a fiat dealer would normally attempt repairing the display on a van less than 1 year old - fiat would supply a new display and pay the dealer to fit display.

Talk to dealer and ask them what the procedure is, if you are not happy with dealers plan speak to the fiat office in your county for options / resolution.

Please let us know what happens.

I do not think a fiat dealer would normally attempt repairing the display on a van less than 1 year old - fiat would supply a new display and pay the dealer to fit display.

Talk to dealer and ask them what the procedure is, if you are not happy with dealers plan speak to the fiat office in your county for options / resolution.

Please let us know what happens.
Soz jacckwhoo didn’t make it clear. It’s a 2015 model . I bought it last September and it came with a 1yr guarantee.

I think you are fortunate you haven't been told
"Ah yes but the 1 year guarantee doesn't cover This particular fault" that appears to be the norm in the UK. Count yourself lucky you are in Europe.

You would have to read the contract to see how repairs are meant to be carried out, if covered.
9 year old van....I'm not sure you can insist on anything other than a repair carried out to a competent standard.
Is the dash still available as a new part?

Hi all. Got these dash lights that come on when I engage cruise. Read a bit about this snag. Seem to be related to a duff dash… short circuiting etc. Some say new dash needed. Some say needs resoldering. Last time I used cruise, I got a hot smell coming through into the cabin!
Not using the cruise option now, van is booked in for repairs under its 1yr guarantee. Not sure how they’re gonna do the repair
Question: do I accept a resolder repair, or do I insist on a complete new dash?
View attachment 443397

A repaired board may be more reliable than a new board. Dry joint problems were common in my day, once we had resoldered all suspect joints they'd go on for years. A new board could still have a dry joint waiting to go open circuit or high resistance.

Back