Technical Dash bulb to led

Currently reading:
Technical Dash bulb to led

Benjiboy

hello

I want to change the bulbs of my speedometer etc and the center console in my fiat mk1 (1998)

- is it hard to change the bulbs in the speedometer section? Which type of leds do I need here?

- in the center console I saw that these are white bulb and on the plastic there is green plastic melted... So can I change this color in another color than green? Which type of led do I need

sorry for my english :)

greetz Yannick

Hello, vehicle electrics are 12 volt, yet LEDs require roughly 4 volts to operate. At 12 volts, there is a good chance that your LEDs will burn out quickly. If you wire 3 in series, that will be 4.0 volts per LED, which should last a lifetime, like LEDs are supposed to.

Check out the second photo in the modification guide for wiring three LEDs into one bulb base... http://www.flashlightreviews.com/mods/prbulbs.html

Last edited:
you could find out what white bulbs are required and find leds that are a straight swap. They would fit perfectly and will include a resister so you won't need to worry about voltage.

I think they're type 286 bulbs. You can get direct replacement LED type 286 designed specifically for 12v systems.

Alan

Back