General Dans 1368 cinq

Currently reading:
General Dans 1368 cinq

Rather than sell it, put in the garage. Keep it road worthy and MOT'd, then when you get a new place - take the car with you, don't start again.

My only regret when I moved over to Sheffield was that I had no money/space/time to work on my car it ended up in a state where I had little choice but to park it in a barn rotting. When I did have the space, I had no 'easy' way of getting the car 'home'.

It must be about 8 years since I gave you a shot of my first turbo Cinq along the Wessex Way back when I lived in Bournemouth. Time flys!

Once upon a time i gave a lift to some lad i had never met called Jamie to MK to buy a certain silver cinq turbo. Then we went and met some scottish guy with an Imola Blue turbo - stood there looking at them 2 cars I just knew i had to have a turbo cento.. That was approx 8 years ago i think, maybe 7. And... Still here :wave:

You'll only regret selling it! Borrow an old lady's garage or something and put it on bricks for a while. There are loads of old ladies round your way! just put a wanted add up in a cafe in Highcliffe and you'll be inundated with calls :) These cars are bound to go up in value a little bit too

I'm Biased though...

It'd be easier to part with it if you crashed it ;)

Someone managed to sell the red max power cinq with nitro think it went for over a grand?

Last edited:
Once upon a time i gave a lift to some lad i had never met called Jamie to MK to buy a certain silver cinq turbo. Then we went and met some scottish guy with an Imola Blue turbo - stood there looking at them 2 cars I just knew i had to have a turbo cento.. That was approx 8 years ago i think, maybe 7. And... Still here :wave:

I moved to Milton Keynes from Bournemouth in April 2005, having lived in Bournemouth from Oct 2002, but didn't move to the flat you visited with Jamie when buying said grey turbo Cinq until Sep 2005.

I therefore believe it may have been early 2006 making it 6 years this year since that visit.

Still though highlights how quick time passes especially when driving turbo Cento's lol

Unfortunately as most of you will have seen from my classifieds advert the car is definitely being broken. Half stripped so far and hopefully not too long for the rest, weather depending.

Will still be hanging around on the forums and will be at stanford hall this year if anybody is going? Not that i even know what date it is yet.

Unfortunately as most of you will have seen from my classifieds advert the car is definitely being broken. Half stripped so far and hopefully not too long for the rest, weather depending.

Will still be hanging around on the forums and will be at stanford hall this year if anybody is going? Not that i even know what date it is yet.

R.I.P cinkychento :life:

Just seen the last few posts!

Gutted Dan such a good project but seem to be so many cars get broken when pretty much finished!

Hope all the bits go quickly so you dont have to sit looking at them remember the car!

So many good memories and more importantly good friends from this little fun cars :)

Would have another one without thinking if I didn't already have 3 cars :eek:

Thank you everyone. :)

Everything selling fast. Just need to get time to get the block, gearbox and fuel tank out.

Does anybody know much about shell collection. Am i likely to find it hard to find somebody to buy the shell for metal price if it has no wheels etc on it? Leaving them until last so i can roll it about, but will need to take suspension etc off at some point. Will be able to lift it easily when empty so getting it to a transporter will be easy enough. :confused:

Bit of a long shot, but someone might have the shell from you for a restoration or to cut the rear quarters or arches out of it. I reckon you may as well add it to your advert and see if anyone wants to pick it up?

Usually there will be a way. Last Cinq (hopefully the only Cinq ever) I scrapped we cut into 3 and chucked on the back of a pick-up.

Consider, though -- if you sold the shell with logbook, would it still be "your" car?

Cinqs with decent shells are getting very difficult to find now.

There are body panels on that that people would probably buy.................

Final update for the cento. It got collected the other night. Certainly looks different. (n)

IMG00199-20120414-1851.jpg

IMG00201-20120414-1852.jpg

I do miss it, but maybe one day ill get another.

Well, that didn't last very long. Miss the cinq already. Have been driving a standard 2006 MX5 for a while, but its horrible. Slow, poor visibility and never been keen on RWD tbh. Although i miss the cinq i still don't regret breaking it. It was the right decision as it attracted too much attention for where it would be parked. Put me off buying a yellow car ever again. :(

On the lookout for a black seicento if anybody comes across any cheap in the south. A nice easy to work on 1.1.... for now. :yum:

Company i work for and live above is now up for sale so changes things a little bit in regard to buying a house so want to keep costs down at the moment.

Plan is to keep it as a cheap run around for a bit and slowly turn it into a monster when i know whats happening with my job etc. :D

As much as i'd love to see some 'welcome back's' i never really escaped. haha

Dan

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Reactions: Dan
That is a very nice example, but im thinking more of around the £300 mark. As much as it would be nice to buy a reliable car, id rather make it reliable myself and save a few £, plus its half the fun. My ideal find would be good bodywork and a failed head gasket. Im keeping an eye on this at the moment as its only 30 mins away. Wheels would need sorting immediately however :p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-FIAT...omobiles_UK&hash=item46073b33b1#ht_500wt_1414

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back