General Dans 1368 cinq

Currently reading:
General Dans 1368 cinq

good to hear a new mx5 is rubbish! Down with modern cars!

my cinq is still not mot'd - it failed with absolute class last week!

Will have to meet up with black cinq and Sei if you get one

Reactions: Dan
Yeah Jeremy sounds like a plan. What did it fail on, let me know if i can help with anything. (y)

Dont think i could handle going from 1.4 16v cinq to 899 sei, so will have to be 1.1. Will keep engine as 1.1 for a bit and then decide. I know if i do a conversion ill be going one step further than the cinq though. :devil:

Thanks for the link arc. Sent him a message a couple of days ago and unfortunately its just run out of MOT yesterday otherwise i would have bitten his hand off. Need at least a few days until i fix it as its going to be in a public car park.

Not in a rush to buy, but hopefully within a few weeks ish as im impatient. haha

Well it didnt take as long as i thought to find a sei. Turned up on ebay with a 24 hour auction as needs cash for holiday, so collecting it after his return on fri 14th sept. Can't wait.

Black 2002 sei sporting. Owned by his mother from new and given to him 5 months ago. Needs a fair bit of work from what i know. Oil leak, temp light on, handbrake doesnt work properly, needs a clean, etc. So basically a days work :D

MOT until april next year all for the tidy sum of £280. :yum:

Wont be able to modify it for a bit until i know whats happening with job etc, but have a couple of little ideas for when i can.

Dan

Well im now the 'proud' owner of my 3rd cento, a black sei. Lets just say i got what i paid for. haha

Jobs to do:

1. A serious clean and t-cut inside and out (its covered in kids stickers and parking ticket remains)
2. Get a black OS mirror as its currently grey. Less hassle than painting.
3. Underseal. It has a bit of surface rust to rear side of the floorpan, but nothing major.
4. Fit my old cinq rear arms and possibly fronts as current rears are pretty knackered.
5. Fix the oil leak. All covered in oil/dirt so will be fun. Im thinking Rocker gasket and sump.
6. Coolant change. May as well do HG, cambelt, alternator belt, water pump, tensioner, radiator and thermostat depending how cheap i can find them for. Maybe even radiator. Still have oil filter from cinq.
7. Oil and gearbox oil change.
8. Think the fuel tank needs doing, but dont want to prod too hard yet. This will be the biggest cost.
9. Sort the handbrake as it is non existent at the moment. Sort brakes while im doing it.

Things i may do in the near future:

1. Get rid of the horrible power steering all together
2. change top mounts and possibly suspension all around
3. plugs and leads
4. Get an aerial as its currently missing

All simple jobs really and will make a nice change doing standard parts. lol

Here are the pics of the manky sei before i even attempt to clean it.

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

welcome home matey (y)

I have been toying with the idea of taking the PAS out of my sei. Just changed tank with Eklipze3k and it was much easier than i was expecting to be honest, think the tank was only about £60 too. But i would defo recommend soaking the bolts in plus gas for a few days beforehand, we did break one of the bolts trying to undo it.

Yeah i did the tank in the cinq. I think plusgas this time is probably a good idea. Wasnt much fun as it was full of fuel when i did it and didnt remove the exhaust completely, just dropped it slightly. haha. Managed to snap 2 near the front as well. but there was enough thread left to put a nut on luckily. Will check next weekend if its just the surface flaking, not really looked too much. Fingers crossed i can get away with it for a bit.

I just dont like the PAS, it makes it feel all sloppy in comparison with cinq. Doesnt help that the suspension is all squishy and soft either :p

Last edited:
I'm not surprised you're bored with a standard Cento Dan! I know your Cinq was pretty quick but I bet a 280bhp Leon will be tons faster. I know my Coupe is in another league compared to the Cinq...

Sounds like a good choice (y)

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan
Back