Technical Damp on rear seats..

Currently reading:
Technical Damp on rear seats..

MEvans2104

Right without messing around with pictures..

The rear seats get a damp patch about 3/4s of the seat, right in the middle. Theres no leaks from the roof, so for that sort of leak from underneath for surface water on the road i cant imagine how big the hole is..

How do i remove the rear seats to get a look?

Also id like to know how much you think the cars worth because im contemplating scrapping it once i have enough money for another one. Its got 126000 on the clock, a few small dents here and there and few rust patches, and its on a 03 plate. I thinking ill be lucky to get 300 quid lol... what do you think?

thought seat base tipped forward to put rear seats down, seem to remember that on mine when i had one, maybe wrong , i think ( maybe wrong ) but under seat is inspection panel for fuel tank sender unit, should be a plastic cover over it sounds like this could have come off or be missing - i might be totaly wrong with this but is worth a look

thought seat base tipped forward to put rear seats down, seem to remember that on mine when i had one, maybe wrong , i think ( maybe wrong ) but under seat is inspection panel for fuel tank sender unit, should be a plastic cover over it sounds like this could have come off or be missing - i might be totaly wrong with this but is worth a look

Only the vertical part of the rear seats tips forward, the horizontal (what u sit on) is fixed, when i find time i will take a few sockets to it but just wondered if someone can give me a idea before i go messing.

Why scrap it ? :confused:

fix it and keep.
scrap price is pennys. ionly got 110 quid for a heavy diesel one.

don't scrap it sell it on gumtree /ebay gives car another chance if your fed up with it,

how many doors is it ?
ive got nice clean tidy /dry interior out of mk2b sat here doing nothing

seat squab lifts on all puntos
maybe its been nailed down because both rear arches are non existent and you can see the tyres once lifted up?
i got £132.43 for a punto rear engined model yesterday:D

Right without messing around with pictures..

The rear seats get a damp patch about 3/4s of the seat, right in the middle. Theres no leaks from the roof, so for that sort of leak from underneath for surface water on the road i cant imagine how big the hole is..

How do i remove the rear seats to get a look?

hi,
seat base SHOULD lift up from rear and Pivot - however it MAY be that the hinges have rusted if it's really THAT damp,
if a 3 door , you can get water ingress via the rear windows,
due to damaged weather /roof seal - had this on my nieces.. the seal is actually a hollow TUBE so we filled it with sealant--job done (y)

charlie

Back