Off Topic Crashed

Currently reading:
Off Topic Crashed

To be honest my fiancé is happy to just leave it now the car is back & all is well... Fiat are giving it a service today to make sure all is well & they're also gonna attach my chrome wing mirrors & the Italian wing badges which are waiting for me to collect in their parts department... We had it superguarded for free as part of the deal so they're gonna re do it just incase... I'd personally like to take it further but my fiancé thinks we should just leave it be now .. So suppose ill just go along with it...

Where would you take it? Yes, they made a mistake but you didn't suffer as a result.

As an old boss wisely said to me once "Only the man who could walk on water never made a mistake." It is how people deal with mistakes that counts. If the dealer is going to look over the car for you to check the work has been done to a good standard and is not charging you for that, I think that asking for (or expecting) any more is over the top, and an example of the modern "what's in it for me, what can I make out of this" attitude.

Yeah I do agree to be honest... Had things of been different & the car wasn't it couldn't be fixed to the standard it has been things might have been different but I'm happy that it has been & fiat are giving it the once over... Gonna go collect it off them shortly... Can't wait to see it with the mirrors/badges... & the chillout purple is so nice... Was having doubts after ordering but once I saw it again loved it.. It's a lovely colour & from close up there's no mistaking its purple... Thanks everyone for all your advice... Much appreciated...

Fair point RobinPJ, I wasn't saying that they should go down the legal route, just in reply to the posts above my comment. As for "didn't suffer as a result" I beg to differ. Car is no longer new or undamaged, upset, stress and anxiety, hopefully no long term losses not seeable at this point, hopefully no injuries caused now or in the future, not seeable at this point. I personally hate the claim for any reason attitude that is coming from America, but I also hate the lack of resposibilty people and companies show over things they do wrong and if you don't pull them up may do wrong again in the future at what cost to another punter? Sorry rant over, I am just glad you are OK :)

The fact that the car had to be repaired was not caused by the dealer not insuring the car!

It is 100% correct, assuming that the repair has been done to the same standard as it would have been if it had been reapaired under Fiat's free seven day insurance, to say that the OP has not suffered as a result of the dealer's mistake.

I dont think they should be a financial gain RobinPJ and as you say, it has been repaired and to be honest a lot faster than if insurance was involved. But the dealer should be reminded of the legal aspect of what they have done, luckily it seems to have turned out OK, but what if it hadn't and if this is how the dealer normally does it, what about the next people? I peronally always let my insurance know as I am getting into the new car, it only takes a phone call, you can sort out costs later.

Back