General Crashed Fiat 500 Pictures

Currently reading:
General Crashed Fiat 500 Pictures

In that 4th pic with the baby blue fiat and the Orange wagon, is it me or does it look like the wagon's front quarter panel has pierced the cabin in the corner????

And yes, agree with those above - crumple zones do a great job, but get hit at high speed by a big truck and there is only so much crumple zones and airbags can do. That's why mine is strictly a city car here in the big brown land down under...

I think you need some new glasses, the black one has suffered quite a bit of damage to the A pillar. It's not a deathtrap but if you get hit by a nice big strong truck like the new F150 then I wouldn't be quite so confident.

What I meant was the passengers will not get crushed.

I appreciate the dummies have very expensive sensors but I would be more interested to see the effect on a cadaver rather than a crash test dummy.

Crash test dummies are designed using data collected from a whole bunch of cadaver and volunteer testing.

Anyhoo. One of the photos in the OP's gallery is of this crash test with an Audi Q7. Physics is a bitch.

Whilst the front seat occupants of a vehicle may survive a devastating front impact, sadly, the rear passengers may not fare so well. I'm not sure if there are any vehicles that have front seat rear facing airbags (built into the headrest) to protect the back seat passengers? I'm aware Ford have devised an inflating rear seat belt to limit the damage caused by chest trauma.

The injuries I mentioned in previous posts will undoubtedly be particularly applicable to rear passengers. You can see from the already posted crash test dummy clips that the head moves violently without the restraint of an airbag. Plus the chest trauma involved with the seat belt would be highly unpleasant.

Volvo's aim is that no one should be seriously injured in one of their cars by 2020.

Just drive carefully and avoid the accidents, I guess....;)

not always that easy, and a bigger car didn't save these people either
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ethen-roberts-lorry-driver-who-2237044

and being in a big van didn't save this girl

http://www.alertdriving.com/home/fl...crash-after-texting-117-character-message-whe

Citroën Berlingo are quite big too i think?
http://www.commercialmotor.com/latest-news/texting-lorry-driver-jailed-after-fatal-crash

i'll stop adding links now, it will bring everybody down, but google brought up loads of results, that shows a bigger car wont always save you

Last edited:
The driver was travelling in a Mercedes-Benz tractor unit whilst texting and didn't see the stationary traffic ahead. He crashed into the back of a Citroën Berlingo, carrying the victim, which shunted the vehicle into a Scania truck in front causing the Scania to overturn, hitting another car.

That's a lot of energy.

I feel much better looking at these pictures that the cabin of these cars are super tough.

This may be 18 months out of date, but would seem to question the validity of the point you are making.

Driving a 500 in the US may prove to be a greater risk than driving a 500 in Europe, simply because the other cars on US roads are on average larger and heavier.

Last edited:
One thing comes out of these images is the benefit of higher seating position, something found in the Qubo and oddly not the Doblo. The Panda is quite upright too. Rather the damage is below my torso and my head is a bit further from the average cross overs bonnet line. . .

1 vital lesson: if people didn't drive such needlessly huge vehicles, everybody would be far safer. It should be illegal to own anything other than a small Fiat, lol!! ;)

This may be 18 months out of date, but would seem to question the validity of the point you are making.

Driving a 500 in the US may prove to be a greater risk than driving a 500 in Europe, simply because the other cars on US roads are on average larger and heavier.

Very true, didn't realize that. Yes in the US the giant SUV's and Trucks are more abundant.

Back