Crashed my car :(

Currently reading:
Crashed my car :(

Hi,

Yeah I had a strutbrace fitted and yes it transfered damage, its actually buckled the drivers wing and somehow made the drivers door not fit flush anymore to the seal, even though no impact was taken to the drivers door.

Im not gutted I just cant believe it and I also had a shock for my insurance today they said that because im not 21 yet I have to pay a young drivers excess which is the standard excess of £100 + £300 so that was annoying and they also tried to say I was not covered for hitting a lampost.... :(

My dad has had a look at the car and we looked at the skits and it appears the wheels went different ways like this \\ //

Adam

I am sure I have seen posts on here about cinqs trackrod ends letting go after hitting a pothole or something like that....

Perhaps that is what happened?

Who knows but whatever happened it left my poor car in a very bad shape :cry:

Well heres looking forward to the Yellow Cinq Sporting, will be my second Cinq anyway.

And as for everyone else I am now breaking my Seicento anything you want let me know everything is for sale some bits I have you might want are as follows;

1. Tricker 40mm Tb
2. Magnecor KV85 HT Leads
3. Bosch Super 4 Spark plugs (used once) (have decided to keep the Champion EON2)
4. Full Abarth Seats (perfect condition)
5. OMP Leather steering wheel (300mm, Go Kart :) fun)
6. MOMO Seicento boss kit
7. Rear bumper
8. Abarth Right hand side Skirt
9. Abarth Tail spoiler
10. 1108 ECU (outer box painted red)
11. OMP Strut brace (will need to check for damage)
11. OMP chrome gear knob
12. Speedo console and rev counter milage at 33k (Have only done 11k in 2 years of owning the car)
13. Silver center console as like the MS edtion

Cant think of anything else will need to do a major check on engine parts to see if there is any damage but you name anything you want and il think of an exteemly fair price and please bargain with me for a fair price..

Thanks

Adam

Dude so gutted for you.. to see your car do that.. scared the **** out of me, excuse the french but if you were behind your mate doing a resonable speed round a bend that even my car could take, and might i add has had nothing at all done to my car, to see your mates lowered and done up in everyway to take corners a hell of alot faster then that then i think your words would be the same, but adam mate, your so lucky to be alive!! Never been that scared before mate!! when i crashed my car it was nothing to that, i wasnt sure weather you were alive or not, and for tho's nob head police!! god Damn it!! so peeved about it all mate!! Just glad you are ok.. well they do say "where there is no sence... there is no feeling!! :slayer: " hehe what is next for us mate?? i think we deserve to win the lottery!!! or.. all these nice people on the forum to buy you a nice ferrari? (y) Go on you no you all want to.. il be happy to take any donations from you..:devil:

Take it easy all you Fiat Shamoans!! or il kick ya asses!!

Samyill :wave:

Sad to see the demise of one of the smartest looking Seicentos I have seen. That really was a nice motor.

As has been said, it's only metal and now you have had a few days to think about it I'm sure the prospect of working on a Cinq is something to look forward too. It's just such a shame as that was a nice motor.

Have you been advised what your likely new insurance premium will be when you re-insure next; the only reason I mention it is you might be better-off paying the costs yourself (even though they are expensive)?

£1200 TPF&T On my own name with the claim, thats Norwich Union quoting me unhappy!

Will see what my current insurer says but turns out I had free vehicle recover with them and the police already called the recovery for me while I was in shock and didnt give me any option they said it was in a dangerous place even though it was off the road and off the footpath well into a grass verge near a field so my dad is going to complain and see if we can get the costs of the vehicle recovery covered somehow...

Adam

EvilJaxx said:
£1200 TPF&T On my own name with the claim, thats Norwich Union quoting me unhappy!

atleast you still alive and got a sense of humor, im sure lots of people havent come out so lucky after doing the same sort of thing... sent you a pm about parts aswell

EvilJaxx said:

Will see what my current insurer says but turns out I had free vehicle recover with them and the police already called the recovery for me while I was in shock and didnt give me any option they said it was in a dangerous place even though it was off the road and off the footpath well into a grass verge near a field so my dad is going to complain and see if we can get the costs of the vehicle recovery covered somehow...

Adam

try to find out if the company you got to recover are under your insurers scheme.

gregit said:
I am sure I have seen posts on here about cinqs trackrod ends letting go after hitting a pothole or something like that....

Perhaps that is what happened?
that would be my turbo cinq. if this had been the cae it could have caused this but mine took a healthy whack. the destroyed tyre meant i stopped sooner than if the steering had 'just' gone

EvilJaxx said:

Adam

Holy Mary! Others have said it before, but you walked out of it alive and unhurt, thats worth more than any amount of money.

I had no idea strut braces actually did much in an accident, perhaps I wont be as begrudging to my insurance for slapping on an extra 20 there.

Although probably not the time, try elephant.co.uk, they have proven great for me and a few mates, with a couple of years driving exp, a couple of years over 17, but no NCB, either due to being on someone elses insurance, or making a claim.

Just checked elephant.co.uk and I was quoted £1121, Fully Comp on a Cinq Sporting, only thing is, is that it is on the Bonus Accelerator scheme which gives 1 yr's no claims after 10 months...

Question is what is the disadvantage of "Bonus Accelerator" I here they only have a very high excess but £250 its way cheaper than my £400 currently and also elephant.co.uk allowed me to change it from £250 to almost anyting including £0.00 but naturally it was cheapest at £250..

Thanks in advance

Adam

i dnt know any companys that take the bonus accelerator only the comapny that gave it you

and theres a yellow cinq by me if you live near south wales

Im wit elephant on the bonus accelerater scheme gonna end just before christmas, only really any good if ya gonna stay wit the insurence company for 2 or more yrs. After the 2 yrs it will count as if you'll have the normal 2 yrs no claims. Elephant was the cheapest for me, all my mods including 1 accident by my self fully com £850

Hopfully little cheaper come renewal time and by end have 2 yrs and 21 so get a bigger car.

GhostWKD said:
Got your eye on a cinq yet or am i jumping the gun a bit? :eek:

I said id seen a nice, smooth, quiet little runner for him.....then said it was a milkfloat :D

Back