Technical Cramped pedals - anyone else?

Currently reading:
Technical Cramped pedals - anyone else?

jpmman

I have recently bought a 3dr Stilo 1.6 dynamic. I've realised that the reason I was having trouble releasing the clutch was that the top of my foot is touching the plastic cover above the pedals.

I am only a size 10 shoe - which isn't exactly big foot. I have to sort this problem out, as it's really annoying me now and wondered if anyone else has got around this?

I am thinking either: a) removing the plastic cover above the pedals completely,
b) asking fiat to reduce the travel on the clutch (which is the worst offending pedal, although I still have some problem with the brake pedal too).

Grateful for any help!

jpmman said:
I have recently bought a 3dr Stilo 1.6 dynamic. I've realised that the reason I was having trouble releasing the clutch was that the top of my foot is touching the plastic cover above the pedals.

I am only a size 10 shoe - which isn't exactly big foot. I have to sort this problem out, as it's really annoying me now and wondered if anyone else has got around this?

I am thinking either: a) removing the plastic cover above the pedals completely,
b) asking fiat to reduce the travel on the clutch (which is the worst offending pedal, although I still have some problem with the brake pedal too).

Grateful for any help!

Size 10s god I had the same trouble with size 8s how the hell did you get them in there :D any way just take out the top cover as you have already sussed out then you will get the space shuttle in there (y) :D and if you find you have limited side movement see dackchair5 brill cut the panel modification then you will get two space shuttles in there :D good luck (y)

Thanks guys.

I didn't think size 10s were particularly big - but I will no doubt be thinking of space shuttles from now on...!

Bit annoying that you should have to start removing covers for this sort of thing, but as yet, this is the only problem I'm having with the car.

I filled it up for the first time last night, and was amazed it cost me £53 - the tank is bigger than my old mondeo! I am hoping it does better than the 28 mpg I did with that car though...

I've read lots of posts in the forum, and the amount of problems are quite scary. I hope it's just a case of the people with no problems never post.

you should get at least that. i get 25 in mine, on a good run last week i got 30mpg.

all the problems posted though i mite sell & buy a bmw:eek:

I did a motorway slog of 180 miles over the weekend managing 41mpg and I wasn't hanging about. Around town then 30-34mpg seems normal for me. You can change up surprisingly early with the 1.6 - blat it up to speed and block change straight for economy gears.

I haven't had any significant problems. Very reliable motor so far

£53! Wow never put that much in mine...You putting in pure Gold?? ...I even put 97.9 in last week ouch!

£53 - and I think I could have squeezed in more. I actually stopped it for a second at £48, as I was starting to get worried that the cut off sensor wasn't working....

It was at 90.9p a litre....about 58 litres I think and from reading the manual the tank holds 59 litres.

PNL said:
if you find you have limited side movement see dackchair5 brill cut the panel modification then you will get two space shuttles in there :D good luck (y)

I'm liking that - think i'm going to have to chop that panel this weekend.

Back