General Cost of Upgrading your Stilo.....

Currently reading:
General Cost of Upgrading your Stilo.....

You don't want a strut brace anyhow mate, insurance companies don't like them (they effect damage in a crash) and you probably wouldn't get much benefit anyhow.

So good call(y)

James M said:
You don't want a strut brace anyhow mate, insurance companies don't like them (they effect damage in a crash) and you probably wouldn't get much benefit anyhow.

So good call(y)

Is that from experience? Read this https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=43953 A strut brace will cause no damage in the event of a collision it's all myth! As it isn't connected to the wings only the suspension turrets, it would have to be a seriously heavy impact to even touch the brace in which case you would probably be dead. A strut brace is extremely advantageous as it does away with chassis flex making the steering tighter & giving you more feel plus without chassis flex the grip levels increase!(y) IMHO it is pretty much the best modification you can do to your car!;)
IMGP0725_JPG.jpg
[/IMG] I have had one on my car from day one!(y)

But being attached to the strut, if you take a knock to one wheel will it not effect you're suspension on both sides?

I'm just stating that insurance companies don't seem to like strut braces or roll cages for that reason.

No it can't do as the brace on mine isn't connected to the shock directly, & as I said it would have to be a really heavy impact!(y) I declared mine & there was no extra charge at all! In fact they didn't say anything about it altering the policy other than it was a modification.;)

Whilst on the note of strutbraces,

Ben R, have you fitted a rear brace, i saw form th site they are only £30 ish.
Are they worth fitting?

cheers

Neil

minimad99 said:
Whilst on the note of strutbraces,

Ben R, have you fitted a rear brace, i saw form th site they are only £30 ish.
Are they worth fitting?

cheers

Neil

Personally I wouldn't as it would make it a bit stiff for the road!(n) It'll make the car twitchy. Front one definately though & that's only 60 quid.(y)

Ben R said:
Personally I wouldn't as it would make it a bit stiff for the road!(n) It'll make the car twitchy. Front one definately though & that's only 60 quid.(y)
:yeahthat: A little bit of flex at the rear of the car is a good thing on a front wheel drive car.

stilosporting said:
thats who i was gonna go with but first direct beat them. lets hope their good on mods :confused:

Maybe just as well mate!;) Admiral are crap for mods, all the other mods have pushed my premium up by 158 quid!(n) Will hopefully be moving to Adrian Flux soon.(y)

Just don't go to direct line if you intend to mod your car, or even order any optional extra's, they are really cr*p about it, you need to be over 25 to start with.(n)

Back