Technical Correct Oil for Euro 6 TwinAir - again...

Currently reading:
Technical Correct Oil for Euro 6 TwinAir - again...

HyFy

Hi

Many threads on this one!
I have a 2019/2020 TwinAir Star. I have a trip to do in two days and so checked the oil. I do wish that they wouldn't put an oil coloured dipstick with an oil coloured oil! It's OK if the oil is manky but not when it's new!!

But what is the correct oil?

I have checked the manual and it gives: SAE 0W-30 ACEA C2/API SN 9.55535-GS1.
I also have a Ducato "Heavy" Euro6. The oil for that is Selenia WR Forward SAE 0W-30, ACEA C2, FIAT 9.55535 DS1.
I guess the difference is "G" for gasolene and "D" for diesel. But is there an awful lot of difference in actual fact?
I could spend another £20 on a litre of the GS1 and put it in the boot of the Ducato alongside the oil for the Ducato towing the 500 TA on an A-frame.

IS the difference a major issue?

HyFy

I wouldn't put a diesel oil near a twinair if I were you! Viscocity might be the same but additives are definitely not and the diesel oil will have significant detergent properties and this would not do the TA any good. The tolerances on these tiny engines is likely to mean its really not a good thing to use other than the recommended oil grade. TA oil also provides the valve operation and flow is therefore important if not critical to correct valve operation and timing.

Thanks for that reply. The issue is "SOLVED"!
HyFy

Back