Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Currently reading:
Coronavirus - The Thread :(

Here's a little something to help cheer us all up a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKknWLe_43s
It may be a week old, but still relevant.

Not sure what I found funnier the video it’s self or the YouTube subtitles trying to interpret the Scottish accent ?

NSFW is not suitable for work..... I watched it at work, I think I probably swear more than that at work (with colleagues)

Not sure what I found funnier the video it’s self or the YouTube subtitles trying to interpret the Scottish accent ?

NSFW is not suitable for work..... I watched it at work, I think I probably swear more than that at work (with colleagues)

I may have nearly got sacked for swearing at work once. Was the funniest thing now I look back at it :p

As a whole we Scots swear a lot, Connolly made it an art. In places it’s accepted as the norm’ :D I have a wee smile to myself when I hear the eighty odd year old woman having a good swear letting off steam at someone....:D

There's a line in a Gerry cinnamon song (Diamonds in the mud) about Glasgow that always makes me chuckle, ... There's no other place where a 'c#@t' might not be a put down"

I may have nearly got sacked for swearing at work once. Was the funniest thing now I look back at it :p

I subscribe to the Stephen fry school of swearing, it’s perfectly appropriate when it emphasises something in an appropriate way.

Becomes vulgar if it’s every other word

There's a line in a Gerry cinnamon song (Diamonds in the mud) about Glasgow that always makes me chuckle, ... There's no other place where a 'c#@t' might not be a put down"

Wee story, many years ago when I was 18, brought an English pal at the time back to my North East village I met him at a tech’ collage in Livingston. We are in our local pub and it’s hooching, everyone talking above each other getting the craic, swearing left right and centre. Who the flecks this I’m asked by my local mates all in good faith, I introduce him and it’s how the feck are you.

Later on when back at my house, did you have good time I asks, he said well, not too bad, what put me off was why were everyone arguing with each other? :D

Luckily I’m not ignorant like some to think that, but can’t watch iplayer, I refuse to have a TV license.

keep your eye bbc news channel when at some ones in your support bubble with a licence its often repeated on there.

you and most here probably wont need to watch it we can imagine what its like, Its more for them that cant or wont so can be passed on to them to watch.

Last edited:
Wife was telling me that while face timing a friend, the friend said an elderly couple in a village on the Black Isle conservatory was leaking badly and they had a local tradesman do the job. They kept to opposite sides of the house, all good leak repaired. Few days later they heard village talk that the tradesman was positive for COVID. The couple had the test, yes, they are infected as well.

Wife was telling me that while face timing a friend, the friend said an elderly couple in a village on the Black Isle conservatory was leaking badly and they had a local tradesman do the job. They kept to opposite sides of the house, all good leak repaired. Few days later they heard village talk that the tradesman was positive for COVID. The couple had the test, yes, they are infected as well.

Presumably either not well ventilated, or virus on surfaces touched by all. Sad news.

It will be assumed that the tradesman had it first, and brought it with him, as he is presumably visiting many people. But could it have gone the other way? They had it first?
We see a lot of data about the spread and its effects. We are encouraged to wear masks and cleanse hands regularly, but do we have any details of exactly how some have been infected? Difficult to gain, I imagine.

A friend of mine, their daughter (mid twenties) got it, isolated in one room, but of course had to share loo and bathroom. She has recovered. Then my friend got it, isolated, got worse, just come home, thankfully, from a week in hospital. His wife appears to have escaped. So something is working for them, suggesting the basic rules we are given can work.

were they handed an invoice, did they pay cash? both can transmit virus
I still get customers thinking its ok to bump elbows and offer cups of tea.

Presumably either not well ventilated, or virus on surfaces touched by all. Sad news.

It will be assumed that the tradesman had it first, and brought it with him, as he is presumably visiting many people. But could it have gone the other way? They had it first?
We see a lot of data about the spread and its effects. We are encouraged to wear masks and cleanse hands regularly, but do we have any details of exactly how some have been infected? Difficult to gain, I imagine.

A friend of mine, their daughter (mid twenties) got it, isolated in one room, but of course had to share loo and bathroom. She has recovered. Then my friend got it, isolated, got worse, just come home, thankfully, from a week in hospital. His wife appears to have escaped. So something is working for them, suggesting the basic rules we are given can work.

By all accounts the tradesman had it first, he wasn’t doing jobs before, an old chap, I say tradesman was pretty much retired only doing odd jobs. The elderly couple had not been out for months, this was the only contact in their house for ages. Really bad news all the same. The COVID is popping up all over the place up here, obviously not the numbers down South, but it doesn’t take much to grind things to a halt.

Shetland for instance, so many hospital staff off work unwell for instance, they cannot get more staff, things are at breaking point. Hebrides are basically shut down. The only thing that’s keeping my wife and I spirits up is our son and the hope this vaccine when we get it will be the start of better news.

Heard voices outside, looked out.
Two guys, from separate houses, walking up the road side-by-side, talking loudly, no masks.
Both had dogs. Presumably met while out walking the dogs, or maybe just at the bottom of the street, but then shoulder to shoulder for 100yds or so seemed a bit risky to me.

A neighbour across the road, talks to everyone, knows the gossip, says there are three houses up the road with covid. All a bit close.

Can’t people mind their own business, I know the fear propaganda has people wanting to police each other, but really.. If your so fearful that you cant stand to be close to other humans, then lock yourself away. Let people live their lives as they want. Since when do people become so gullible to believe the media, politicians and pharmaceutical companies have their best interest at hearts anyway. I guess it comes back to fear again.. I have fond memories of my childhood, where I felt at least some freedom, children today have no freedom, no social life and now very limited human contact, well done everyone, we have lost our humanity by letting fear control us.

Back