Technical Cooper Discoverer Tyres on Panda cross

Currently reading:
Technical Cooper Discoverer Tyres on Panda cross

Hi guys,
I have decided to lift my 2020 panda cross using an italian lift kit sold here in Italy. They offer full kits with springs and shocks, or just springs or just spacers.
I think i am going for the 4cm lift , ( they provide the necessary axle modification with the kit)
I have a choice of 2 tyre sizes by Cooper.

COOPER DISCOVERER A / T3 SPORT 2
205/70 R15 96T

or

COOPER DISCOVERER A / T3 SPORT 2
195/80 R15 100T

Would i have an issue running the 205? I have the option to buy wheel spacers also. Has anyone put a tyre this wide and high on a panda cross yet.?
My rims are original 15inch currently running Michelin x ice snow tyres. 185 / 65 /r15.

Any help would be appreciated.. I will post pictures once mounted and installed.

cheers

I was leaning towards the 205 tyre with 10mm rim spacers.
But the 195 /80 has XL side walls, which i like the idea of a stronger tyre for offroading, as there are allot of sharp rocks up here in the Dolomites.
my mate recently punctured his sidewall on his brand new cooper discovery tyre.

Doing my own research, and asking people in italy. They recommend 16mm spacers no bigger, and i am going with
215 /80 R15 cooper discoverer A/t3 sprot 2 tyres
I am just waiting for confirmation on my suspension upgrade and lift kit.
It should look good once finished.

Hi SaltyBill, and welcome!

I'll be fascinated to see how this turns out. Personally, I'd be concerned about the effect of these mods on the car's on-road performance, but if your priority is off-road capability, it may be a worthwhile trade-off. Good luck!

I think having 32mm wider tyre span in total and wider tyres will greatly improve handling, grip and overall control. My completely stock panda currently does not handle really well. it understeers badly, and is really unbalanced when i push hard in the mountains. I am 100% certain i will improve the on road perfomance greatly.
But i am looking into custom suspension. i am measuring the OEM suspension today and i am getting a complete custom kit. Lets see how i go. I am excited.
Thanks for having me.

Do you have an update on how your mod went? I think I might do the same thing given the current stock tyre size is so impossible to find.

Do you have an update on how your mod went? I think I might do the same thing given the current stock tyre size is so impossible to find.

i havent installed the tyres yet, i am still on winter tyres. I should have them installed this month. Ill update on the other link

Back