Technical coolant hose to engine

Currently reading:
Technical coolant hose to engine

Stonerkev

Hi,

i have a punto mk1 16v 99 on a T reg.

this weekend my girlfriends car decided to start leaking coolant looked like it was coming from water pump replaced that and still had leak. i've now noticed its coming for metal hose that runs from engine to rubber hose and then to bottom of radiator. i've ring fiat dealers to get part but they can't get one ring local scrap yards but no joy. can anyone help me find somewhere to get part.

many thanks

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
If your buying this part new you will have to go to dealer if there isn't one on ebay(y) - a right pain if your not free weekdays(n)

Thanks

Fiat dealer do not stock part. does anyone know a fiat breakers yard:bang:

Hi

does anyone know how this part is fitted. is it just bolted on and is it hard to get of. haynes does'nt tell me anything about this part.

Thanks again

If its like the HGT (which has an alloy pipe/water rail) it runs underneath the exhaust manifold and plugs into the water pump end - either with a gasket or O-ring. The gearbox end has a bracket bolted to the engine block.

On HGT the exhaust manifold has to come off, but access is much more restricted so on the 1200 you may be able to remove all the hoses and fertle it out.

Get a good look with a torch & small mirror.

Changed mine last week. Brought an original part (fiat) from a motor factor here in Italy (22 Euros).
There is one 10 mm bolt on the right hand side of the manifold (towards the battery) and then it just pull out from the water pump after disconnecting the bottom hose and the hose that comes from the heater matrix. It take about 10 mina from start to finish.

No mines a mk2 8v
But if you look on eper i beleive theres not much difference you only have the bottom hose to disconnect and the one 10 mm bolt on the right of the manifold basically the same.

Is your like this ???

Attachments

• 16v.jpg
    16v.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 153
hi

yes that looks the same. its nice to know its not gonna be a bitch to get off.
could you tell me the name and town of the factory you got your part having trouble finding it over here and don't really want to put second hand part on

Thanks for all the help

If you want tomorrow i can price it for you car and let you know, i could send it but dont know how long the post will take and if you are in a hurry. I think about four or five days. Let me know ???

Back