General Constant leak

Currently reading:
General Constant leak

Right my Stilo has a slight problem.

I noticed when my car was parked for a long space of time, maybe 10hrs or a day before I moved on, there would be drip marks on the ground where the engine was over. So I went to get it checked in my local garage, they said it was a loose bolt so they tightened it. So anyway a few weeks later, noticed the drips of oil where back so went back they tightened it again, but they told me they reckon they know what the problem is so of its starts dripping again to bring it in again. SO yesterday I dropped it up to them again, they gave a thorough search of the engine and they cant find the source of the drip and now there going to take the car for another few days to find the source of it, they think it could be the gearbox now? Does anyone have an idea of what it could be?? Hope I made sense aswell... Cheers

PS. Thank f*ck for warranty!

it may sound daft but is it from your car, do you park on the road? Have you gone through a mess on the road like oil?.

To explain, if you park on the road and not a private drive then you may be parking on top of the mess left by someone elses leak.

it may sound daft but is it from your car, do you park on the road? Have you gone through a mess on the road like oil?.

To explain, if you park on the road and not a private drive then you may be parking on top of the mess left by someone elses leak.

I park in my drive way at home, and its also happened after ive moved the car from when ive been parked for a good few hours at work, so its definetly coming from the engine, my engine. I know where your coming from though.

Could well be the drive shaft oil seals. Stick your finger in the drips, (i draw the line at sniffing tarmac) is it thicker than engine oil, smell like gearbox oil? If it runs out of the diff to drive shaft oil seal then it can look as if it's dripping off the oil seal mount bolts and that's probably what they were tightening

diff oil leak.JPG

Oddly enough they often cure themselves as the lip of the seal runs in more. That's why they leak sometimes and, on another day, not but even if it has to be changed it's a quick and quite easy job.

Or maybe there's a huge hole in your gearbox:)

Last edited:
Or maybe there's a huge hole in your gearbox:)

Oh nice ..he's really gonna love you :D

I'm interested to know which side on the car is the oil leak near or off side as the diff where the shafts enter are more or less in the middle give or take :chin:

Like I said.... thank fook for warranty!! :D Phil the drips are everywhere underneath the engine bay, its really confusing tbh. Must take a picture actually tomorrow, I got a undertray customised for the car though so that may hamper the dripping lol. Cheers for that Deckchair, ill mention it to them when there doing the work, when it comes to engine i leave it to the professionals.....

Back