General Considering switching my 1.2 for a 1.4. Tips needed

Currently reading:
General Considering switching my 1.2 for a 1.4. Tips needed

Mousendahouse

So as the title says i'm looking into swiching my 1.2 out for a 1.4. I am going out to look at one for sale on friday, it has done 100k miles. Any tips on what to look out for?(y)

Last edited:
So as the title says i'm looking into swiching my 1.2 out for a 1.4. I am going out to look at one for sale on friday, it has done 100k miles. Any tips on what to look out for?(y)

Are you swapping a stock 1242cc panda 169 for a 100HP ..

Or fitting a motor to your car?

100hp.. plenty of info on here ;)

Mangled alloys. Tired mechanicals.

And bodgery by previous owners certainly feature :eek:

Broken flaps on climate too :(

The 1.4 is better performing and would be even better with a tubular exhaust manifold (with cat of course). The seats are better but the ride is bone jarring hard. Ride is easily sorted with Fiat 500 springs.

Alloys go like 50p coins at the sight of a pothole. 50 series tyres improve the ride a little. Swap for pepperpot steels they look cool.

Steering lock is crap but you get used to it.

Front bottom arms cost a fortune and don't last very long

Rear brakes seize but you can get repair kits.

Climate control heater flap gears strip teeth. The manual control heater will fit but the work to swap it is huge. Dash has to come out and for that the front doors have to come off the car.

Front bumper is fragile and offers zero protection to the radiators. However, an ordinary front bumper is a straight swap. Its actually well worth removing the 100HP bumper to keep it safe for when you sell the car. The black trims and splitter can be swapped to the "standard" bumper.

Back