Technical Connect a video input @ Connect NAV+...

Currently reading:
Technical Connect a video input @ Connect NAV+...

it looks like it is asking us to connect that unit in to the rear of the head unit, but bypassing the navigation computer, which they suggest is seperate to the head unit. But as far as im aware, the connect nav +, Has the navigation incoporated.

They also suggest splicing in to the RGB signals of the unit, this is what the germans and italians are doing anyway without that unit.

It looks good, and easy, but theres no mention of using it with a fiat.

Hopefully someone else will come along and be able to correct what ive said, and suggest that it could work for us (hopefully) :cry:

it looks like it is asking us to connect that unit in to the rear of the head unit, but bypassing the navigation computer, which they suggest is seperate to the head unit. But as far as im aware, the connect nav +, Has the navigation incoporated.

They also suggest splicing in to the RGB signals of the unit, this is what the germans and italians are doing anyway without that unit.

It looks good, and easy, but theres no mention of using it with a fiat.

Hopefully someone else will come along and be able to correct what ive said, and suggest that it could work for us (hopefully) :cry:

WELL... COME ON FIAT BOFFINS???

or budding electronic engineers....

The only way to make Video/DVD work on the CN+ is to interface with either the graphics control chip (which I believe has an AUX input and requires switching over) or directly onto the RGB feed of the screen. However, attempting it may fanny up your very expensive unit.

Or you simply make a little interface board which is replaces an internal cable, like i did. So no soldering is required :slayer:

Little movie of this interface at work

Attachments

• cn_video_interface_web_450.jpg
    cn_video_interface_web_450.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Or you simply make a little interface board which is replaces an internal cable, like i did. So no soldering is required :slayer:

Little movie of this interface at work

DUDE... are you telling me you've made the modifiaction... and running a DVD through the CN+ screen!!!????

I'll pay you to do mine!!!!
:worship:

Baser?
It looks like you put extra electronic gates to make switching indirect. That's very good. (y) Did you use this standard wiring diagram which was mentioned somewhere here in forum? This means it works directly with NTSC/60Hz frequency exits. Switching is not direct, so you can't damage CN+ unit.:yum:
Now, the main question: Would you like to give us guides for this interface? :worship:

Baser?
It looks like you put extra electronic gates to make switching indirect. That's very good. (y) Did you use this standard wiring diagram which was mentioned somewhere here in forum? This means it works directly with NTSC/60Hz frequency exits. Switching is not direct, so you can't damage CN+ unit.:yum:

Yep, that's kinda exactly what i did.

Smart .... thats the best solution on forum!
I'll ask my electronic engineer to make me diagram, all other is clear.
Thanks Baser, I'll make it for back view camera. I'm waiting for some answers to choose the best camera for this purpose.

Baser?
Can we get wiring diagram, or we need to consult electronics engineers? Make a bypass and give as schema. When I get it, I'll put on forum, would you?
If you want to sell finished plate, please give us a price, thanks.

Baser?
Can we get wiring diagram, or we need to consult electronics engineers? Make a bypass and give as schema. When I get it, I'll put on forum, would you?
If you want to sell finished plate, please give us a price, thanks.

Nothing .... we can't get it .... (n)

hello Insane , Can you tell me here to find that pdf whit the video input to stilo?

Smart .... thats the best solution on forum!
I'll ask my electronic engineer to make me diagram, all other is clear.
Thanks Baser, I'll make it for back view camera. I'm waiting for some answers to choose the best camera for this purpose.

Im guessing you could you use a small cmos pinhole camera such as this one..

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=20927&criteria=cmos&doy=2m3

Runs off a pp3 battery and easy to conceal. Then just run it through with a bit of wiring wizardry (a few connectors maybe?) as it says it gives a standard video output. should be fairly simple i guess alhthough im not an electronics man

:slayer: Si

Thanks, but I prefer color, there are some on this site. It can be conected directly, just choose exit protocol. I wold like automatic adjustments too...

Does anybody no anything else about that interface to connect the video?

Sorry i've left u for so long....

I'm willing to build you an interface and send it over to you. But i'll have to know how many of you are interested. The interface will cost you 75 euro's (shipping not included and payment in advance).

Let me know....

Back