Technical Connect a video input @ Connect NAV+...

Currently reading:
Technical Connect a video input @ Connect NAV+...

With my limited German, It seems that, sadly, it's NTSC only. Also you need to use the CDC button NOT the AUX button to switch it.
Other than that it's feasable !

Any news on this?????

I've printed off the PDF and i'm gonna try to find a german auto electrician to see what he can do.

On 6th of March, my Stilo goes "in", for connecting my DVD and TV tuner with NAV+. I will let you know...

is there any chance some 1 could translate the how to install. thats on thy first page of this thread as alot of the words dnt translate with translation software ive got

Nickos_GR where are you based, I take it you're not in the UK?

I'm looking for an electricial to carry out the same job. I've looked at the German PDF file with the diagrams etc and have translated some of the notes into English so i'm hoping that this will be enough info for an electronic engineer to understand and get it working. Just one other thing... the NTSC/PAL issue... how are you planning on getting around this? can you buy converters or NTSC car DVD players. I was hoping to hook up a UK Playstation so i could play games and DVD's... maybe I cud buy an american one and it would be NTSC (or is that wrong) any help appreciated. If anyone knows of any good engineers/audio repairs in the UK that could do this work pleeeeeease list there contact details.

Good Luck to all that want to expand the functions of the Nav+

Bootlegdj said:
Nickos_GR where are you based, I take it you're not in the UK?

I'm looking for an electricial to carry out the same job. I've looked at the German PDF file with the diagrams etc and have translated some of the notes into English so i'm hoping that this will be enough info for an electronic engineer to understand and get it working. Just one other thing... the NTSC/PAL issue... how are you planning on getting around this? can you buy converters or NTSC car DVD players. I was hoping to hook up a UK Playstation so i could play games and DVD's... maybe I cud buy an american one and it would be NTSC (or is that wrong) any help appreciated. If anyone knows of any good engineers/audio repairs in the UK that could do this work pleeeeeease list there contact details.

Good Luck to all that want to expand the functions of the Nav+

I live in Thessaloniki - Greece. My DVD supports both NTSC and PAL. I think the problem will be with my TV tuner. I am sure that my electrician will figure out something! ;) I will let you know.

Still no news??? :confused:
maybe the greek dude was murdered by his auto electrician for asking such a complex request.:devil:

I hope someone can get to the bottom of this sooner rather than later... i'd really hoped to make this modification before selling my stilo... which i may do quite soon... sunshine is calling for a convertible:)

A quick summary, based on what I can tell from the (very good) PDF.

- This mod connects directly to the display screen driver chip inside the Connect Nav+. That means the number of colours is not an issue (because that would be dictated by the Connect Nav+'s video capabilities ('graphics card'), and this mod bypasses that. It would be like wiring your PC's monitor directly to a VCR to use it as a TV, rather than using the PC itself (if that makes sense).

- To put it another way, this mod does not use the 'Aux In' function that appears to be allowed-for in the Connect Nav+'s software - but this is probably a good thing since you would want a full-screen display anyway.

and also
- Most home DVD players allow for a selection of the output standard. You would need to find a mobile DVD player offering the same; that is, a selection for NTSC/60Hz frequency. This is because the screen hardware appears to be made by Toshiba - Japanese!

- Audio is the same, directly hard-wired so the Connect Nav+ would need to be in CDC-mode. Used with the Belkin Auto Kit (lineout adaptor) you could have the iPod working, but all interaction would be with the iPod itself, not the Connect Nav+. This company: www.paser.it may be worth a try for similar integrated solutions. At least one forum user is very happy, I found their post before :)

-Alex

Last edited:
just out of curiosity, has anybody in the UK been able to pull this modification off yet?

I'm not interesting in DVD playing during driving! This is not very useful option, if you want that, buy it separately and enjoy in more than 256 colors!
:idea:
My idea is much better: Put some small web camera on back side of the car and have back view! :yum: That's better solution for video impute to CN+.

Does anybody has idea :idea: how to make this?

Back