Technical ComfortMatic disengaging when I stop.

Currently reading:
Technical ComfortMatic disengaging when I stop.

MWalsh

Wondering if anyone can let me know what the issue might be with the following:
Sometimes 1st gear won’t engage after moving shifter from neutral. Might take a 2nd go, but will engage. I can drive normally & gears will change without any issues. The problem is, when I stop at a junction for example it will go into Neutral even though the shifter has not been moved. I have to move it into Neutral & then back into Drive to re engage 1st gear.
While driving otherwise there is no issue.
Appreciate any advice..

Is this is this is an on going problem ?
Is this your first thread with this problem?

Is this is this is an on going problem ?
Is this your first thread with this problem?
Originally had issue getting into gear but discovered that the clutch oil was low. Replacing it solved that issue but this has been occurring since last summer.

Do you mean current problem started at similar time to "fix" of last problem?

Clutch "oil" replaced? By who? Did they drain? Flush? Renew? Then bleed?
Or just top up?

What type of clutch "oil" was used?

Wondering if anyone can let me know what the issue might be with the following:
Sometimes 1st gear won’t engage after moving shifter from neutral. Might take a 2nd go, but will engage. I can drive normally & gears will change without any issues. The problem is, when I stop at a junction for example it will go into Neutral even though the shifter has not been moved. I have to move it into Neutral & then back into Drive to re engage 1st gear.
While driving otherwise there is no issue.
Appreciate any advice..
Do you have a copy of MultiECUScan? I believe you may be able to see the gear selected and which gear the box is in (you can on later year models).

No, but I’ll look it up. Thanks
On my 2017 Comfortmatic I can see gearbox info, hydraulic pressure, clutch actuation and reset the bite point IRC, not that I've tried that one. If you look for a recent post on somebody else's woes I uploaded a .csv file from my van with some data.

Oil was changed by Fiat Commercial garage. It was drained & flushed.

Take it back to the same garage that drained and flushed the clutch system.

Please remember to post the "fix", that way you could give back to the forum and help others in the future.

Back