Cold air not cold Punto 2013

Currently reading:
Cold air not cold Punto 2013

nicknick1234

Hi all,
Advice needed my Punto isnt giving me any cold air when I put it on 16 degrees any ideas?

Cheers

Hi all,
Advice needed my Punto isnt giving me any cold air when I put it on 16 degrees any ideas?

Cheers
I presume it’s got the climate control system and if it’s not blowing cold air out the vents as in air that is colder than the 20°C+ heat we’re having at the moment, then chances are that the air conditioning isn’t working and not cooling the air

I presume it’s got the climate control system and if it’s not blowing cold air out the vents as in air that is colder than the 20°C+ heat we’re having at the moment, then chances are that the air conditioning isn’t working and not cooling the air
Ok what's your suggestion do a re gas? I put it to16 degrees and it wasn't cold.. does that make sense

Ok what's your suggestion do a re gas? I put it to16 degrees and it wasn't cold.. does that make sense
Unlikely there is anything you can do yourself so the only option is to book it in somewhere for a regas and then take it from there.

Chances are on a 10 year old fiat if it’s never had a regas is probably now due

Unlikely there is anything you can do yourself so the only option is to book it in somewhere for a regas and then take it from there.

Chances are on a 10 year old fiat if it’s never had a regas is probably now due
True mate although shouldn't it blow cold air when your reduce the temp?

Physics..

If it was 15'c outside..and you dialled in 22'c.... it wouldnt warm the air until the engine coolant had warmed

So..to drag 20'c air down to 16'c in the cabin you need to Cool it

Thats the job of a Refrigerant...

Its a Gas in a sealed system on the car...
BEFORE 'topping it up' the system should be checked on a machine to ensure there are no major leaks.

The gas is nasty stuff..and expensive

Groupon..etc offer good discounts..

My 2013's were around £60.. discounted to @£35

Newer cars are double that... as they use a different gas.

Last edited:
Physics..

If it was 15'c outside..and you dialled in 22'c.... it wouldnt warm the air until the engine coolant had warmed

So..to drag 20'c air down to 16'c in the cabin you need to Cool it

Thats the job of a Refrigerant...

Its a Gas in a sealed system on the car...
BEFORE 'topping it up' the system should be checked on a machine to ensure there are no major leaks.

The gas is nasty stuff..and expensive

Groupon..etc offer good discounts..

My 2013's were around £60.. discounted to @£35

Newer cars are double that... as they use a different gas.
Cheers

Only now just seen this.

If the aircon is not working then it can’t make the air entering the cabin any colder than the air outside the car. There is also some heat transfer from the heater side of the cars heating cooling system even when switched to cold.

So air entering the cabin via the vents will generally be a degree or two warmer than outside and this is even more noticeable the warmer the weather.

So if you have no aircon and you set 16°C on the system and the temperature outside is 22°C the. You’ll probably find the air coming out of the vents to be about 23-24°C

This is as Charlie explained above, why you need gas in the aircon system to bring the temperature down. Without gas you get no cooling

Back