Air bag compressor

Currently reading:
Air bag compressor

Big En

Hi guys I have just joined still finding my way around, so Hello everyone. My problem is I have after sale air bag's fitted on my fiat ducato based motorhome it has been working perfectly since last year but the compressor has seemed to have failed. when I switch on the compressor it just makes a pulsing sound has anyone ever experienced this (I haven’t used the compressor in three months)

Is it the compressor that has failed or the the bags that have failed. It's not uncommon for the airbags to perish if left for long periods. Also you'll need to look at the pipes and check for leaks. If you're sure it is the compressor then you may just have to look to replace it as often they are not a serviceable part.

you've not said anything about the specific system you have fitted but when you say "pulsing" what do you mean, compressors often pulse at a high rate as they pump up the system it maybe you're not used to hearing it as previously the car kept pressure in the system. with no pressure in the system it may be that it starts up the second you turn on the key. if it is a low/slow pulsing is it valves trying to operate to push air about, or is it the pump seizing up. So many questions to answer, where as at the moment the question you asked, is akin to "this doesn't work, why"

Is it the compressor that has failed or the the bags that have failed. It's not uncommon for the airbags to perish if left for long periods. Also you'll need to look at the pipes and check for leaks. If you're sure it is the compressor then you may just have to look to replace it as often they are not a serviceable part.

you've not said anything about the specific system you have fitted but when you say "pulsing" what do you mean, compressors often pulse at a high rate as they pump up the system it maybe you're not used to hearing it as previously the car kept pressure in the system. with no pressure in the system it may be that it starts up the second you turn on the key. if it is a low/slow pulsing is it valves trying to operate to push air about, or is it the pump seizing up. So many questions to answer, where as at the moment the question you asked, is akin to "this doesn't work, why"
Hi thank you for your response my system is two air bags on rear suspension l have checked all pipes and have not got any leaks the bags are still inflated everything seems to be okay until the pump when I say the pump is pulsing it doesn’t seem to be getting any power there is no sound and the indicator light also is flashing on and off but not regular sometimes it stays off but it’s not making the loud noise it’s supposed to be. Thanks Andyrkett.

Hi thank you for your response my system is two air bags on rear suspension l have checked all pipes and have not got any leaks the bags are still inflated everything seems to be okay until the pump when I say the pump is pulsing it doesn’t seem to be getting any power there is no sound and the indicator light also is flashing on and off but not regular sometimes it stays off but it’s not making the loud noise it’s supposed to be. Thanks Andyrkett.
I’d probably do the obvious such as check the fuses relays and power supplies to the compressor. Do you have any sort of manual for the system I wonder if the irregular flashing of the light is some sort of fault code and it’s trying to tell you what’s wrong.

Back