DSC_00252.JPG

Grande Punto col7104's Grande T-Jet

Introduction

Well, the ten week wait was certainly worth it :D. Coming from the Seicento this thing feels like a Roller or something hehe, though I find the seats give me a backache after a few hours of motorway driving.

Optional sub was well worth it - you're not going to get real deep bass from it (for you audiophiles) but for what I need it for it's perfect.

Has an annoying rattle when going over bumps, coming from behind me...need to look into that one.

But on the whole, love it. Here's a few pics to get the ball rolling, though if you've seen one you've seen them all...

DSC_00252.JPG

DSC_00303.JPG
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they're from an Abarth Grande Punto. It's a direct fitment...AFAIK the hubs (infact, entire chassis) are the same as the Abarth. They advertise the Abarth as having a wider track but that's only due to the wheels being wider.

Nothing to report this week, I'm slacking :D. Can report that it drives so well though - feels like a diesel. Shame the turbo isn't bigger so that it can maintain torque for longer - acceleration falls away from you similar (but not as bad) to a diesel.

I'm not keen on the lower grille being out so will put that in when I get time to get the bumper off again (the linea is held in with tie wraps on the tabs behind to make it a bit more solid).

Also not sure whether to put a badge on at the same time too, maybe a little too plain at the moment?

Also got some new plates made with the minimum border round the font to make it a little cleaner...left some of the plate intact for you to see :p

How you getting on with the GSR? if pete gets back to me. I'll hopefully have mine on order soon

The IC or the induction kit? Induction is worth it just for the noise! IC I don't know yet. Nothing noticeable on it's own, but opens doors tuning-wise.

And you're right! The IC does sit too far back to have the effect you need. Plus it's a little less 'in yer face' with it in :D

The plates are from Demon - costs a little more going for custom cut but it makes up such a large part of the car to warrant getting them done nicely (and legally!). Can't fit the rear one yet as Fiat drilled the plate holes a little unsymetrically so I'd have a hole showing to the side of the new plate. Will drill it larger and insert a bit of red plastic in due course.

I toiled for ages between getting the linea done in black or anthracite to match the wheels. Decision came when I felt anthracite was a little weak when you could have a nice strong contrast between black and red. Thinking about Abarth headlights now... or paint the linea again... :tempt:

The plates are from Demon - costs a little more going for custom cut but it makes up such a large part of the car to warrant getting them done nicely (and legally!). Can't fit the rear one yet as Fiat drilled the plate holes a little unsymetrically so I'd have a hole showing to the side of the new plate. Will drill it larger and insert a bit of red plastic in due course.

I toiled for ages between getting the linea done in black or anthracite to match the wheels. Decision came when I felt anthracite was a little weak when you could have a nice strong contrast between black and red. Thinking about Abarth headlights now... or paint the linea again... :tempt:

Can you select "cut-down" in the plate builder or do you have to contact them? The holes on my bumpers are spread pretty wide so this might not be such a good plan lol.

Abarth headlights will look perfect!

Thinking about Abarth headlights now... or paint the linea again... :tempt:

the series 2 lights are better than series 1 - horrible chrome/silver ones :yuck: but the abarth lights really do transform the front end and give the car a more mean look, plus they match the fog lights (y)

think your black linea will look sweet with the abarth lights, check out few pic from mitcar can see my abarth lights with linea grille.. rubbish photo's though mind. Need to get some of me own up

get your abarth lights off nick, much cheaper than anyone else :)

Last edited:

I'm not keen on the lower grille being out so will put that in when I get time to get the bumper off again (the linea is held in with tie wraps on the tabs behind to make it a bit more solid).

Also not sure whether to put a badge on at the same time too, maybe a little too plain at the moment?

Also got some new plates made with the minimum border round the font to make it a little cleaner...left some of the plate intact for you to see :p

I think the intercooler would look better black and without the GSR Logo. Or maybe just without the GSR logo. Don't like the font.

Lovely Punto though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back