Tuning Coilover kit built for 500... Will it fit for panda 100hp??

Currently reading:
Tuning Coilover kit built for 500... Will it fit for panda 100hp??

Been looking at coilover kits for a while now and was wondering; as the fiat 500 share the same platform as the panda 100 would a coilover kit designed for the fiat 500 fit the panda. There is so much more out there for the 500 than the panda =(

Here is a link to the kit I was looking at http://www.apcoilovers.com/ap_coilover_details.php?id=229

Last edited:
well from other forums there has been good reviews about ap coilovers saying they are built very well. Am not really bothered about it beening too hard aswell as i just want the panda to sit lower.

Not to be funny, but most people on forums aren't fit to "review" a product.

When it comes to suspension there really is no point messing around with no-name brands. People buy stuff like Koni or Bilstein for a reason, heck you could have some Bilstein coilovers for a £100 more.

does that mean yes it would fit... but its not advisable to do so because the set up would be totally different?
It's going to make your camber wrong as I said. At best it will make it odd to drive and wear your tyres poorly and quickly. At worst it could make the car dangerous or undrivable. You can try it if you like and tell us what you think, but it would be an experiment on your part. If you bought a couple of camber correction bolts for the struts, you might be able to put it back to normal with the help of a wheel alignment session. In fact I would recommend you get the cam'd bolts anyway as it sounds like you want to go low for looks, so I would guess that is very low which will put the camber out anyway!

Basically, you are going to need time and money to get it right and hopefully another car for transport if you need it whilst you experiment with the Panda. If you are just a casual modifier, then a suspension setup designed for a Panda is probably the way forward.

hi.. i started the other thread.. what if someone who has 500 dampers from the front laying around that are busted or something and i or someone els could test fit on our panda to se whats what! i have a place to do it. only its in denmark!

that said.. i think ill buy that xyz .. kit.. and do a sum up.. im tired of people that reply: i have heard that...

very few has tryed it.. and the once that has.. well they arent unhappy.. no clue if they normaly use rock or titanium solid dampers... so lets see!

Oh used to drive with standard JTD dampers and springs.. ok but they ar SOOOFFFFTTT harder than the 1,2 but to soft and high!
n
Changed to novitec springs.. HARD ride .. dont think there was any moment in the dampers lol but you could just hammer it in the coners..!

last change was to a FK sport (dampers and springs) .. lowering abit more maby 10mm and ride Q was way better but with 16" rims it scraped bigtime.. and body role.. and realy not very good..

lets solve this problem together :) 500 suspention parts needed :)

Hi Guys,

i got tired of waiting until someone else tried it... so i went a little crazy, and bought myself a set of KW variant1... wait for it... built for a Fiat 500. Lets just say, i got a good deal on them. So, i will be test fitting the 500 coilovers on my panda one of these days. I will document the process, so we can finally get rid of this uncertainty.

if someone wants to come down, and help me out... or has any tips that could help me... you would be more then welcome.

here are some pics of the set:

Attachments

• foto 1.JPG
    foto 1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
  • foto 2.JPG
    foto 2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
  • foto 3.JPG
    foto 3.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 62
I LOVE YOU!!!!!
lol

i bet that your not located in denmark..

i cant wait to se/hear the result!!!!

are you done yet???

ohh btw

i send an email to KW... well read the mail your self..

i have not mounted anything.. tryed to trick them into telling me if its the same!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

please get in contact with your seller to clarify this issue. Fiat 500 and Fiat Panda type 169 have two different part no.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

KW automotive GmbH
Von: KW Info
Gesendet: Montag, 11. Juni 2012 07:56
An: KW Export
Betreff: WG: posible problem?

Von: m [mailto:-------]
Gesendet: Freitag, 8. Juni 2012 20:16
An: KW Info
Betreff: posible problem?

hi

i was installing a set of coilovers on my friends fiat 500 2008 1,3JTD and after we finnished we came across a sticker saying it was for a Fiat panda 169? do they use the same kit or do we have to take it all back to the shop and get a refund?

kind regards
martin

hmm looking at the pictures.. i do think i see a problem.. the holes to fix the mounting to the wheel hub at the front seems to be different in the width from the shock.. in the top..

Why experiment? When you can buy Koni STR.T suspension kit which few people did here and has a good feedback from them or go one higher and get Koni Sport suspension kit that adjustable from outside.

BTW motorsportworld running a sale on them atm... £309 for STR.T and £489 for Sport kit. Thas a good deal in my books

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/framefix.asp?PID=1643654&ProductCode=1120-2401&froogle=yes

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/framefix.asp?PID=1643010&ProductCode=1140-2401&froogle=yes

Back