Technical Code P0201 - Injector failure Cyl 1 - where to start?

Currently reading:
Technical Code P0201 - Injector failure Cyl 1 - where to start?

Can anyone chime in on difference. Between the

IWP 095 and IWP 116

Both seem to fitted two the whole Fiat 1.1 and 1.2 range and even the same years ?
I did some digging on this but despite finding some technical information on other IWP injectors have not found anything conclusive on the IWP 095 and IWP 116. I did learn that IWP stands for "Injector Weber Pico" though, (useful info for the Xmas trivia quiz perhaps!??) It does appear that the numbers indicate anything from flow rate to spray patterns but what exactly the 095 and 116 equate to I have no idea. All the data sheets I saw on the internet appear to mysteriously omit these particular part numbers...

My 2009 1.1 ECO has the 095 part so I will be replacing like for like.

I did also discover this website with some useful videos, in Italian though:

Perhaps other forum members have seen these before?

I did some digging on this but despite finding some technical information on other IWP injectors have not found anything conclusive on the IWP 095 and IWP 116. I did learn that IWP stands for "Injector Weber Pico" though, (useful info for the Xmas trivia quiz perhaps!??) It does appear that the numbers indicate anything from flow rate to spray patterns but what exactly the 095 and 116 equate to I have no idea. All the data sheets I saw on the internet appear to mysteriously omit these particular part numbers...

My 2009 1.1 ECO has the 095 part so I will be replacing like for like.

I did also discover this website with some useful videos, in Italian though:

Perhaps other forum members have seen these before?
Just to wrap this one up....
I purchased a complete rail and four injectors from a breakers selling on Ebay. If they are to be believed the donor vehicle was a 1.2 2007 at 67,000 miles so although a bit older than my 1.1 ECO 2009 it had the IWP095 injectors and with far less miles on them. Removing the original rail with the faulty injector was relatively easy- only a small amount of fuel escaped the line when I removed it. The replacement rail looked pretty clean and I left the o-rings in place just lubricating with a wipe of clean engine oil. Reassembly was easy.
Started the car and the Check Engine light extinguished after the second start. I did a clear of the P0201 on my cheapo ODB code reader but not sure if this made a difference
The original injectors, apart from the failed one which is open circuit, measured around 13 ohms on the DVM. The replacement checked at around 14 ohms I think, but definitely none open circuit!
All running fine again, although rear brakes need attention before January MOT which is in hand and I did notice a bit more noise when clutch depressed (like dry bearing sound) so suspect clutch might be due soon (this noise comes and goes but sounded worse today, maybe some of the spilled fuel in the bay found its way somewhere it shouldn't?

Modify my invoicing detail

Modify my invoicing details

Clutch release bearing is sealed. Even if you flooded the engine with petrol it would not matter to the clutch. However the grease dries out and soon enough you’ll be needing a new clutch.
I struggled to refit the gearbox but a steel tube from scuttle to radiator frame and a ratchet tie-down strap got the job done. Take the gearbox weight on the strap and pull to the correct height. The strap can slide on the tube so you can rotate the gearbox to align the bolts.

Clutch release bearing is sealed. Even if you flooded the engine with petrol it would not matter to the clutch. However the grease dries out and soon enough you’ll be needing a new clutch.
I struggled to refit the gearbox but a steel tube from scuttle to radiator frame and a ratchet tie-down strap got the job done. Take the gearbox weight on the strap and pull to the correct height. The strap can slide on the tube so you can rotate the gearbox to align the bolts.
Not sure I understand

The original poster has already fix the problem with a new injector

Maybe I am missing something

Not sure I understand

The original poster has already fix the problem with a new injector

Maybe I am missing something
He said it was making dry noises. Quote -
"I did notice a bit more noise when clutch depressed (like dry bearing sound) so suspect clutch might be due soon (this noise comes and goes but sounded worse today, maybe some of the spilled fuel in the bay found its way somewhere it shouldn't?"​

He said it was making dry noises. Quote -
"I did notice a bit more noise when clutch depressed (like dry bearing sound) so suspect clutch might be due soon (this noise comes and goes but sounded worse today, maybe some of the spilled fuel in the bay found its way somewhere it shouldn't?"​
I took that as the original poster knew the clutch was on its way out

As you rightly pointed out just wear and tear and nothing to do with any leak of petrol

Would be worth checking the gearbox oil level though

I've been surprised how much oil they can lose through the gear shifter oil seal. Mine got a couple of top-ups before I realised the real cause of the hot oil smell. Not saying that's an issue for the OP but would recommend doing that and the input shaft seal (and potentially the bearing) when the clutch is replaced.

Back