Technical Clutch slave cylinder

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch slave cylinder

My 100HP needed a new clutch master (clutch not releasing properly, with bleeding the hydraulic giving a temporary fix . Slave wasn't perfect but it worked normally. My diesel has been just the same. New master and clutch works fine.

Pull the rubber boot off and shove some grease inside

If it improves you know what the problem is

Never had to change the master yet

It's very common, it's all over KA and 500 forums,

The master is also easy to test. Bleed the system, if the problem returns you'll know it's the master sucking air. Seals are not available so the only fix is a new cylinder. Bleed the system while the battery tray is removed to grease the slave.

Last edited:
A couple of applications of red rubber grease squeezed in under the rubber boot of the slave cylinder has helped. The clutch becomes slightly sticky after 30-40 minutes, but after a week of use it is much better than before and the car is far more controllable in traffic. The creaking noises have gone. The improvement after application of grease is a good indicator that the slave cylinder is the cause of the problem.

I was able to apply grease without any dismantling of the battery tray using a toothpaste tube of red rubber grease with a nozzle and a bit of wriggling to get my hands in to the correct position around the other pipes and tubes above the gearbox.

I will replace the slave cylinder when I can get one.

Last edited:
Thanks for giving an update

Any feedback good or bad helps enormously to others that are following down the same path

Unfortunately as you already know LuK the main supplier is having issues which with any luck should be sorted in September, know doubt it will take some time to fill the back orders, hopefully the price will drop again

Back