General Clutch replacement

Currently reading:
General Clutch replacement

bredsticz

I like to be different!
Just finished changing the clutch, the bearing i dont think is quite sat right. but the fork has seized up completely. I can't move it. will this just be from the bearing?
Already had the box off twice and getting bored now. never had this problem before when doing a clutch

having crushed the centre part out of a new plate a few months back i wonder if you have done the same
when box off again make sure clutch arm is free and oil if necessary also obviously make sure release bearing secure and arm pulled and possible held in off position with a tie clip if struggling on your own
obviously make sure plate is in right way with the sticky out bit (the hump part)going to gearbox side ie away from flywheel

i feel your pain

Sorted now. The plate was the right way round and the fork did move freely. It had seized so had to unseize it while it was off the box.

I managed to fit a screwdriver in and rotate the thrust bearing abit and seemed to free it up :S The biting point is very very low down though. Feels like your riding the clutch before you even start to lift your foot. Pulls off well and doesnt seem to be slipping though.

Going to MOT it soon anyways. See how it is once its been on the road a while

Back