Technical Clutch release bearing Stilo Abarth Selespeed

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch release bearing Stilo Abarth Selespeed

japioo

Hi all.

Someone knows where to buy a new Clutch release bearing for the Stilo Abarth Selespeed ?
As far as I can see nowhere to buy in The Netherlands, maybe in the UK ?

The only peculiarity is the thickness of the bearing and the ears on it, that locate into the actuator rod bracket.

If you can track down a suitably skinny bearing with the right size centre, to fit onto the input shaft, then theoretically, you could weld, or bond (epoxy?) on a plate so that it fits into the actuator bracket and prevents the outer race from rotating. I'm not sure that welding a bearing wouldn't distort it.. but just thinking out loud, it could work...?

Ralf S.

If you can track down a suitably skinny bearing with the right size centre, to fit onto the input shaft................Ralf S.

Which is the crux of the matter, inasmuch as FIAT don't make bearings, they buy them in bulk from a bearing manufacturer to their size and spec, and use them in specific applications. OK if the bearing housing was unique to Fiat then that part could be fabricated by Fiat (or bought in), but the bearing itself should be obtainable.

That said, identifying which bearing it is requires some homework, and if you can find someone with knowledge of different Fait/Alfa boxes they may recognise a similar item. Failing that, somewhere where the boxes were more regularly used/rebuilt, say in Italy, could have a stash of unused release bearings, but again, that'll take some homework to establish.

I can't help thinking that the same thing is liable to have been used on one of the Alfa's, and if so they are the sort of enthusiasts who know where to get anything.

Lastly, a wrecked Selespeed could provide the part, i.e. eBay etc, especially as Selespeeds aren't at all popular, and are more likely to be broken for spares than repaired.

Very lastly, wouldn't be too difficult to convert to manual, if you found a manual one being stripped.

Thanx.

Not possible to repair it ?
You may be able to buy the clutch release system for the manual gearbox version and fit the bearing to your selespeed mechanism.
I have read on the forum that someone had success doing the above but I don't recall which first model was involved.

Good luck and please let us know if you manage to fix your car.

Best wishes
Jack

You may be able to buy the clutch release system for the manual gearbox version and fit the bearing to your selespeed mechanism.
I have read on the forum that someone had success doing the above but I don't recall which first model was involved.

Good luck and please let us know if you manage to fix your car.

Best wishes
Jack
Indeed, a hight price but I guess is you have an otherwise good condition car then might have to be a reluctant choice.

I did see some other places listing the part number with process in the £250-£300 region but were either no longer available or out of stock.

I'm sure with enough internet digging and contacting Valeo it is hopefully possible to find an item in stock somewhere in the world!

Hello everyone, for now I don't have the problem, but in anticipation I bought this bearing on ebay, they assured me that it is also good for the selespeed as it has been reinforced inside. However, it is necessary to make the holes for the fixing of the sensor.

The original spare part cod. 46762373 seems to be missing.
A letter should be made (but with a large number of users) for Valeo or Fiat to reproduce the original component given that the car is starting to have historical relevance like Abarth.

Attachments

• IMG_20230126_175958.jpg
    IMG_20230126_175958.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20230126_180033.jpg
    IMG_20230126_180033.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20230126_180121.jpg
    IMG_20230126_180121.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20230126_180133.jpg
    IMG_20230126_180133.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20230126_180007.jpg
    IMG_20230126_180007.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20230126_180145.jpg
    IMG_20230126_180145.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 56
Wow well done, this could be the answer to a maiden's prayer :giggle:, inasmuch as if it fits it will help a number of folk out.

However, being 'assured' it will fit and actually fitting can be 2 different things, and fitting with some fettling/modification, a 3rd :unsure:, although coming from Italy it does give good optimism.

Be useful if there was a full comparison of a 'proper' one and that one to see what the differences actually were :cool:.

A very precise question and answer those who know. Is the pressure on the bearing of the manual version the same as the Selespeed version or not?

Ook zijn er op Facebook pogingen gedaan met alle Stilo clubs in Europa om dit hydraulische druklager te bestellen, maar de productie van dit onderdeel is net gestopt 😔 er zou een mogelijkheid zijn.... maar dan zou een bestelling van +/- 100 stuks gemaakt worden.
Dit is natuurlijk moeilijk te realiseren.
Het is gewoon een triest probleem voor alle bezitters van een Stilo Abarth SeleSpeed.
Screenshot_20201218-162539.png

Gentlemen, the situation is serious and dramatic!! A letter must be written to Valeo and Fiat as soon as possible and they strongly insist that they put this part back into production (46762373) also because this car is now included in the Fiat Historical Register!! Otherwise here is the end!!

Esatto.... ma poi la questione rimane aperta... dovrete trovare questa persona... e questo sarà/è il problema, dovrete farlo anche a nome di tutti i club Stilo in Europa.

Correct.... but then the question remains open...you will have to find this person.... and that will be/is the problem, you will also have to do it on behalf of all the Stilo clubs in Europe.

infatti devi scriverlo e farlo inviare da un alt rappresentante qui in modo che sia efficace!
Esatto.... ma poi la questione rimane aperta... dovrete trovare persona... e questo sarà/è il problema, dovrete farlo anche a nome di tutti i club Stilo in Europa.

Back