Technical Climate control failure

Currently reading:
Technical Climate control failure

Bombhead23

Hi everyone,
This morning, out of the blue the heating failed on my 16 plate 500x. None of the blowers are working and no lights or any life whatsoever on the heating controls/climate control . I'm guessing it might be a fuse issue but I'm not sure. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers everyone

It wasn't the fuse after all. I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and upon starting up again everything was working.... including no more flashing odometer

Italian cars were infamous for bad electrics, as were others. Over the years we all got over these issues and everything was if not reliable certainly predictable.

Read: Battery -> Wire -> Switch -> Wire -> Light (other)

Now we have:

Battery -> Wire -> Computer (with software bugs etc) -> Wire -> Demand Switch/Signal -> Wire -> Computer -> Wire -> Light (other)

Worse still many of these Wire -> Wire connections involve low amplitude high frequency signals readily prone to interference of poor connections.

If you watch any aircraft technology videos etc. then many pilots HATE the fact that they no longer have direct control (via physical cables) to flight control surfaces and there is now a little computer that can ignore or modify their instructions.

Thankfully my car steering wheel is mechanically directly coupled to the steering rack and even if the power steering were to fail i still have a modicum of control, hopefully :)

I didnt spot that the mileage had been flashing.. @Bombhead23

Thats the default method of the car saying 'somethings not quite right'

Often this would also be related to a logged fault, and would need Clearing via the OBD port

(Blue and Me being a common one lately)

I suppose a laboured start on a Frosty morning could be enough... I need to order a Battery too :rolleyes:

Back