General Classic Panda on Top Gear

Currently reading:
General Classic Panda on Top Gear

I remember reading one of Clarksons books where he said he liked the classic Panda, in fact he owned one in the late 80s/early 90s. I also seem to remember that his first wife ran off with it and his best mate (on the day his dad died):eek: , so he may now have negative associations :(

I remember reading one of Clarksons books where he said he liked the classic Panda, in fact he owned one in the late 80s/early 90s. I also seem to remember that his first wife ran off with it and his best mate (on the day his dad died):eek: , so he may now have negative associations :(

Maybe I'll let him off then;)

I've only ever heard him slag it off. What worries me is that some idiots might get the idea that it's fun to smash up Pandas and ours will be at more risk!!

As much as I have a soft spot for the dear old Panda, I'll be watching it with the usual laughter. Of course, the Panda is seen as a sort of 'joke' car anyway.

To be honest I expect people to laugh at the Panda, to be honest I used to joke about Panda's, in fact to be honest in a kind of tongue in cheek way I still do, as do quite a few of you.

What I'm more upset about is the ever reducing number being made to reduce further for the sake of television. I saw that trailer and just saw a waste of spare parts.

What worries me is that some idiots might get the idea that it's fun to smash up Pandas and ours will be at more risk!!

sorry, which time zone have you escaped from... i only left my panda in front of my house once... lost a wind mirror and got hammered on the bonnet.

i think that horse has already ripped a wing mirror off.

Pandas being murdered on national telly... Whatever next!? :(

How about a stretch panda???

Because thse pics were taken by a member on another forum in high wycombe where other weird TG stuff has been filmed and it looks like the same white one thats in the credits

Streetboys post 3rd down click links

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/735441/tp/2/

So rather than kill 1 panda they thought they would finish 2 off.....what value for money that is!! :D

Last edited:
it must have been pretty rusty around the floor pan at the back that white panda...

just wondering where it's getting fuel from... perhaps they converting to run of hot air...

It turns out it is a stretch panda along with some other customised 'stretch' cars which they are testing, including an MG-TF. There was an arcticle in the local 'metro' paper about hammonds return to TG and both the panda and MG were pictured

Applesei is right, just read in Radiotimes they were building Limos, but due to the Hammond accident haven't finished filming it yet......

Their intention was to make Limos out of cars you'd least expect to be limos and then get to deliver people who are really Z list celebs, but are seen as A list (BB Chantelle was quoted as example) to pointless sh*te like the TV quick awards and in doing so really f*** up their night:D:D:D:D

Bring it on I say.....

would just like to resurrect this , as could find no reference to the tv show, as have just watched top gear today, 22/1/2009, and have just seen yet another panda die....sob sob.:cry: It is the stretch limo that started this thread. Clarkson does it again. The panda, K11RMS, is stretched and resprayed red and ends up tearing itself in half as c******n P**t tries to drive it around London. He then drives the front half only ...what a w****r he is. (n)

Last edited:
Back