Technical Cinque horn replacement.

Currently reading:
Technical Cinque horn replacement.

FAB

Hi quicky question,
can someone point out to me where the horn is located on a cinque sporting and any suggestions for a more meatier sounding replacement? nothing silly just off a punto or a bravo? straight swap? cheers.

FAB said:
Hi quicky question,
can someone point out to me where the horn is located on a cinque sporting and any suggestions for a more meatier sounding replacement? nothing silly just off a punto or a bravo? straight swap? cheers.

Its fitted near the bottom of the bumper on the passenger side - looks like a large buzzer. And as for an uprated one of a different model - i think all the fiat horns are pathetic. 120db air horns much better :D

well i actually picked up a vectra twin horn from the scrappys the other day. high model cavaliers/vectras have good twin horns.
now if you want to make it easier for yourself in future you may wish to relocate the horn.
OE horns are fitted behind the bumper,on the turbo converted cinqs the horn is relocated(for the intercooler)and bolted to a bolt on the gearbox engine mount. basically to the chassis bracket the gearbox mounts to.
the benefit is the horn is kept out of the road crap so you dont get so much corrosion problems

i see, so theres some options at least, is it that difficult to get to ?

i.e am i gonna be swearing my nads off trying to get my hand in the non existent gap..

off chance any pics of location and fitment guide? ;)

Its a 13mm bolt IIRC, I got at it from underneath with the bumper on without even getting the car off the ground (when it was unlowered)...replaced it with a faceless VW Polo G40 one....:)

mase said:
im guess thats a straight swap then?

the horn on mine is total sh*t, like the look of that PIAA one, good price as well (y)

Yeah all horns work the, +ve & -ve so all you do is unbolt old one and stick new one in, i have one of these tho i got from local Halfords for £9.99 http://www.fasteronline.co.uk/Ring ....html?osCsid=87f220a02acf68e738e055a68cf53f3f
My horn is located next to ecu behind headlamp as it sthe only place mine will fit due to intercooler and CDA air box.

Aaron.

Back