General Cinq7540, the start (31-10-10).

Currently reading:
General Cinq7540, the start (31-10-10).

hi, cant really send spacer with TB, as need the car for work(have spare TB)
could i enlarge spacer with dremmel?????
regards.

you could try it but you wont be able to enlarge it too much and then it wouldnt be very smooth form the dremel :(
i have a spare 1 if your intrested

craigK,
superb,
smile.gif
was going for 38mm(40 sounds far to big???) so will your spare spacer be suitable(fingers and toes crossed) how much ??

ps. Do you have any other spare tunning parts?

1108 head with 1242 bottom end.

once 38mm tb is sorted will then start thinking about 1242, as mentined already have 866 cam(P75), chap who's doing TB work can also port/skim etc head for a resonably price, is this worth doing as dont want to waste money in the long run and can only aford one thing at a time. Basically if have all the head work done can i then just use with the 1242 or would it make more sence( more power) to wait and have done to 1242 head????

Uno inlet mani or port and polish OE mani??? and slso is it easy to port and polish mani??

regards..

craigK,
superb,
smile.gif
was going for 38mm(40 sounds far to big???) so will your spare spacer be suitable(fingers and toes crossed) how much ??

ps. Do you have any other spare tunning parts?

id say it will be suitable alright,but maybe stick with 38 to be on the safe side,
5 quid with postage if that suits pm me :)
iv feck all other tuning parts to be honest

Craig,
ordered P75 TB, will be with me tomorrow. how quick we sort the sapcer and will it work with above.

Also is ther any point boring could I just round the lip to aid air flow?

Craig,
ordered P75 TB, will be with me tomorrow. how quick we sort the sapcer and will it work with above.

to be honest i would bore the whole spacer, a lot better flow,
why squeeze through a door when you could open it more;)

Craig,

Let me jump in here (y)
This is the two TB beside eachother:
TBcomparison.jpg

The TB's both the p55 and p75 consists of the top and bottom part, sepparate them both from each TB.
Then u can work on the bottom part of the P75, u should have it to a shape like this:
CIMG0236.jpg

Bit v shapped, why? well cuase or else the top TB part of the p55 with the SPI wont fit on it. Use the plastic spacer from the P55 between the upper and lower TB from the P55.

For the adapter plate spacer just do this:
CIMG0226.jpg

I bored it our with a dremmel, to 38 mm. A def must do or it wont have any diff to put the p75 TB on.

I driving, def a big change, more air, more breathing, u feel the car pulling nice. Nice sound when u sink ur foot on the peddal. With a cold air intake even better (y).

Dont go swapping yet m8, u'll def enjoy these minor mods.

The p75 manifold u planning on fitting is bit longer then the p55 manifold, so u have to weld or cut a bit, i choosed no to cut, my exhaust sits a bit lower. All up to you (y)

Last edited:
Cheers mate, any trick to getting it perectly round!! or just by eye.
When putting back together did you use a gasket(if so both sides-TB/Mani?) or sealer on the spacer.

Exhaust Mani'(P75) so i could cut of the flange then cut the correct size part out then re-weld the flange?????

Many thanks for your speedy reply. Do you know your BHP now?

Cheers mate, any trick to getting it perectly round!! or just by eye.
When putting back together did you use a gasket(if so both sides-TB/Mani?) or sealer on the spacer.

Exhaust Mani'(P75) so i could cut of the flange then cut the correct size part out then re-weld the flange?????

Many thanks for your speedy reply. Do you know your BHP now?

Using a column dril u can match it perfectly round, i used the dremmel tool, u can also use a bench to clamp it and use a drill (the ones they drill hole in the door so u can fit door knobs). Use the packings as ur guide.

Yes i used the packings both manifold side and tb side, is a must, u dont want it sucking fake air, it needs to be nice a tight closed. Fake air makes the car run rough. U can either get new packings, use the old ones if the still in good shape or buy sheets and cut them out urself.

For the p75 manifold u can either cut at the flance and shorten the downpipe for it to fit nicely or u can cut the middle of the downpipe and shorten it from there. It all depends on whats easier for you.

I dont know what bhp i have now, as im missing my chip.. but the car pull 130 km/h in 3rd gear rev limit. But the ecu is holding the power back alot :(.

All i did was pure head work:
-Head max skimmed for a bit increase in compression
-Slightly ported & polished head with matchporting
-866 cam with reshimming done
-Matchported intakemanifold
-P75 38 mm TB
-P75 4-2-1 exhuast mani

Some people are sceptical, i think with 1 3/4 inch exhaust no kat. good ecu map and a good cold air intake u can push 70 bhp maybe a tad more, wich for a 1.1 is very nice (y)

Last edited:
TB spacer, column drill super!!! Jobs a good-den! Cheers Mate!

Exhaust Mani' (P75) will cut piece out of down pipe and re-weld, Happy days!!

QUOTE: "Some people are sceptical, I think with 1 3/4 inch exhaust no kat."

Sorry didn’t exactly know what you meant about exhaust so sorry to repeat myself. So P75 mani' and after market back box (ashley-EBAY) was the plan. Will worry about centre section at a later date, to be honest with the above exhaust mods and my other planned engine mods, I think that will be good enough for my 75 ish BHP (MY STAGE 1.). At the end of the day this is my first time modding a F.I.R.E so a bit of try and see, also all feed back/ideas welcome! Really want a custom in the end to just finish and tidy things up, was thinking a nice 1 and 3/4 " custom e.g. longlife/MIJ. If my initial plan(P75 mani' and after market back box) is to restrictive and not making the most of all the other mods was thinking maybe replace the Cat with a Cat of a bigger car e.g. 2.0Ltr could be a little more free flowing, What you think?. To be honest wish I didn't have to bother with the exhaust obviously have to as all mods are relevant. Love the tunning aspect but as mentioned previously my plan is for a sleeper "ALL GO NO SHOW!" so a loud exhaust is a big giver way.

Chip, I have a McRicth(sorry cant remember his name, another FF member plenty of info' on here) I know a little old now so may not be available. But have read about another FF member Gazzman doing chips, so good reviews think they could be a little better than mine. Haven't tried myself though. Only £12 so worth a try will probably get one myself, as I say worth a try for £12.

Once again cheers for your speedy reply and many thanks for you advice/thoughts. I like how we are doing roughly the same thing, give it a few more months and we will be comparing thoughts on a TURBO!! Saw a Bi-turbo on Youtube, didn't look like a 1.1 though couldn’t quite make out what lump it had, maybe one of the newer 16v. Bi-turbo crazy if maybe a little over the top, can we have over the top?

twin turbo cars are gimmicks (other then V engines where its easier and more efficient to run a turbo on each bank... )a in-line engine is always going to be better with a single well matched turbo.

I think the video you seen is of some polish tuners... they did a twin turbo first then upgraded to a single and made a LOT more power

Your main concern on making the 1.1 spi turbo is fueling, me and a friend of mine were debating on why not going mpi on the 1.1. What most do is put a second injector.

About ur sleeper, well i let a honda driver try mine out and he was like.. OMG for a 1.1 fiat this thing pulls (y). God wish i had that chip.. haha

But u have to change few things tho, it can stay sleeper look, but u will have to maybe lower it add bigger brakes work on the suspension, wich will make it better to handle and can improve performance and stopping.

Cant stay a sleeper forever m8, they will soon find out.. cuase ur intake will make alot more noise from the 38mm TB when u sink the throttle :rolleyes:.
Dont worry sleeper or not, they wont be expecting you to go fast, untill u pass them by.

Had a traffic light race few days ago against a 1.8 celica, he did win, but he waited at the next traffic light to ask me what i did with my engine cuase he didnt win by far.. maybe the guy was granny shifting haha.

I'm scanning around for an 1.4 16 v, they are rare. But it pushes about 100 hp, wich is same as a low boost 1.1 cinq, only with less torque. That will be future planning, but for now this 1.1 is too much fun ;)

UPDATE; P75 TB nearly finished so will be fitting this WKEnd. Will also try and fit Super-sprint Mani, Uno 45(poted) inlet mani and GSR.

With the above and the already fitted P75 Cam and Mckrich chip should be seeing the best part of my first goal 75ish BHP.

Then next will be head work, still un-decided wether to port and polish myself, pay a mechanic or buy P75 head and have the wqork done to that? Suggestions welcome.

UPDATE; P75 TB nearly finished so will be fitting this WKEnd. Will also try and fit Super-sprint Mani, Uno 45(poted) inlet mani and GSR.

With the above and the already fitted P75 Cam and Mckrich chip should be seeing the best part of my first goal 75ish BHP.

Then next will be head work, still un-decided wether to port and polish myself, pay a mechanic or buy P75 head and have the wqork done to that? Suggestions welcome.

The p75 head would be ur best bet, just smoothen the welds inside and matchport, the p75 is the best flowing head as far as i know.

I ran into a problem with mine, the block started leaking oil from the cranck seal and oilpan :bang: oh well more to do now :rolleyes:

Cheers pal, did you have the whole engine out to begin withI I cant quite remember/read so much of late!)? if so I've heard of crank seals leaking a few times just after pep's put engine back in. I honestly dont mean to sound cheeky but have learnt a lesson here. If I ever take an engine out than replace C/Seals bloody annoying if they leak after refitting engine(easy job out than in).

Keep me updated! do You think I'll get my 75 without head work. Going to have rr when all the above done(not inc head work)

Just get that noisey d/shaft fixed first. Already packed CV with grease once!

spacer sent friday, so hopefully be with you soon ;)
cant wait to see how you car preforms when complete (y)

Craigk. cheers pal! your a star!!! Can you PM how much I owe and I will send a cheque Thurs.
Should have everything fitted by Wkend not sure if I'm getting a bit carried away here lets say by next Wkend.

The S/Sprint mani'(oh I can't wait!!!) is of a sciecento so not 100% that will fit straight on(Fingers X) if not theres a custom echaust place in my City so I will pop there and have fitted with a straight through pipe tp back box, Oe back box at the moment, TBH would like to keep that way as my goal is " a sleeeper" . Will have to wait and see, just waiting for TB to be finished as said above having P75 bottom(38mm) matched to top OE SPI. A chap at work is doing as we speak, but he's said he's only comfortable with going out to the screws, will have to finish last couple a mm's with a dremmel(borrowed of someone from work). Cant wait the sound of Mani', induction and 38mm TB should be a nice little raw!! as mentioned above dont really want to loud as this is my little sleeper. Once all this is done will have to get to work on the engine bay. Stainless polished covers for ECU and battery, itailian lag Cam cover, inlet mani' painted satin black and all cleaned and polished. Oh nearly forgot will change all the hoses to Silcone(undeceide on colour want blue, but car is red. I know dose not make sence!) will prob' buy new water containner just to tidy things up. Was thinking could chrome inlet mani, cam cover, battery and ECU cover. I know sounds abit tackyy but with sicone hoses could look nice. Basicaly want the outside all stannard then open the bonnet and wow!!!
icon14.gif

Will be alittle longer before fitting TB and Mani', did not realise how much work is needed!!! Would rather take my time and do propbaly.

Gsr now fitted with that and the cam and chip really will have to start thinking about suspension and brakes. Think they are really needed!!!! Will start with a set of 40mm springs and uprated discs and pads. Brembo Max and greenstuff look the buisness. Will have to start saving for my larger calipers, marvia me thinks not quite as desirable as PGT hence alot cheaper!!!

bye bye Corsa with you 17" wheeels and 5" back-box!!!! oh nearly forgot those lovely purple flame graphics anyone know were I can get them from;-)

"larger calipers,Fiat Marea me thinks not quite as desirable as PGT hence alot cheaper!!!"
same calipers, right? Oh and forgot to say braided lines.

Whats the thought on rear disc conv' only aiming for 100bhp absolutlry max!!(ITB's eventualy four or two , undecided. With my mods a 1242 and some good head work ITB's should see me near on 100BHP, prob saver then going the blower route.) When conver' on over cars heard there a bugger to set up?? is this true to the cinq????

Back