Technical Cinq Sporting Performance Chip

Currently reading:
Technical Cinq Sporting Performance Chip

hi i am still interested in chip for p reg cinq1108 40mm throttle body punto cam head skimmed and few other bits have family that live in wigston ithink thats fairly close to you they could pick up and bring down for me if you have one collectable by mddle of may as they are coming down at the bank holiday end of may

Fitted about an hour ago, so far a pleasant experience :)

Car is not really my primary target for TLC, it´s my daily commuter and "use it til it dies" car. But since i AM a motoring person that do trackdays with my pugg and also do a lot of "mechanicing" for teams that compete every now and then i do not TOTALLY run it down.

But, needs to be explained, bought the car with overheating damage (no tempmeter and broke tempwarningsender, usual way of these to die i think) so i bodged together 1 working engine from 3 engines with different types of damages.

Meaning... pistons/rods rings is a mix from 2 engines, head is the head that was warped in the overheating but skimmed 0.5mm with new seals and all that. Camshaft from a 1.2 75hp engine with DEAD bottom end.

All in all it was running OK on the 1.1 standard chip, but had a character of a Nissan Micra from the late -90:s more mor less :yuck:, enough power when revved and good milage though.

Idle is a tiny bit lumpy, mostly due to the pistonrings/bores not being well mathced since they´re from 2 different engines on 2 cylin.. :cool:, but once revved it´s ok and the exhaustgases are nice with a idle co of 0.1 and a HC of 26, i belive i can ignore that lumpy part.

That was some info about the engine.

After warming the engine up with the stock ECU, i plugged in the one i´ve put the chip in, started up(no fuzz at all) and let it idle for itself for 5minutes like that. Then went out on a little ride on various loads/engine speeds. Then after 25 minutes i thought i´ll give her a blast.

And... Yeeeeeess (y), there it was, the "purr" that comes from a healthy mapped engine when going through the gears. I´ve got sme experience from mapping MS and VEMS on roalling road so i directly noticed that this was improved from the stock chip, by far.

So, for the first hour of use this is simply nothing but (y), all the way.

We´ll see later in the winter about those cold start issues that some have adressed, i know that when remapping the basemap you sometimes have to alter coldstart and warmup settings, and maybe this wasn´t doned on this?, i have NOTHING to complain about yet though :cool:

Last edited:
Had to switch to NGK "7" sparkplugs, the "6":s was slightly overheating, also showed indications of a tiiiny bit too aggressive timing, but i don´t think it´s at WOT, didn´t look like it. The indications were so small that i don´t think it really matters though.

I can REALLY recommend the upgrade to a 36mm throttlebody from a Peugeot/Citroen 1.4.

Can´t belive the performancedifference between standard and now with the punto75 cam, this chip and the 36mm throttlebody, I would say the TB made a HUGE improvement. Although it is a bit tricky to get the throttlecable correctly adjusted. The Peugeot TB has a slightly different "cable-cam" on the TB which is made for larger wire-movement.

made by webber are they not? so no not french

Exactly.

It´s an IDENTICAL cast, only difference is that the 1108cc one has 30mm(it is 30mm, the 31mm is just a small step at the bottom) bore and the 1360cc pugg one has a 36mmbore.

Difference is that Pugg and Fiat has utilized the TB a bit differently.
Fiat heats the TB by a coolingwaterchannel through the TB, pugg use an electric heater that sits just besides the idlestepper.

You can actually plug upp the heating piping, it´s in paralell to the ones going to the heatermatrix, so in fact i noticed a bit more effective heating this morning :), som MIGHT say that you risc icing in the TB but i´ve never had any problems with iced upp TB:s, and i live in Sweden, so we DO have winter. As long as you preserve the air preheatingsystem you should be safe.

And, if you DO want to have the "icing prevention" heating, the best option would be to connect the electric heater on the PUGG tb, to the fuelpumpfeed or similar, then you have the function.

And then there´s just one connection at the back, while the FIAT TB has 2, you COULD split it to both take the canisterpipe(blue) and the pipe from the crankvent, but the only pipe that NEEDS to be connected is the crankvent so you can really let the canisterpipe just "hang loose", it doesn´t do anything bad for the machine. Increases the pollution a bit more since gases from the petroltank is put into open air instead of being cycled into the engine.

So, the connector at the back of the pugg TB, to the small crankcase ventilation pipe.

And of course you ned to enlarge the distanceplate that sits between the TB and the manifold. I just used a small Hole Saw with 38mmdiam and an electric drill to sort that. Then switch over the top bit of your old FIAT unit, with the injector and all that in, and put on top of the PUGG TB.

Off you go :), i´m experienceing small problems with idle, but i think i should "clear" the ecu later today and that will probably solve that after it has doned a relearn.

Sorry that i write so much about the TB in the chipthread, but this just just a new engine all together!!!, with chip+cam+TB the performance so monstrous compared to a stock 1108cc engine.

With, as far, same milage....!

Last edited:
Do you still sell theses chips ? as I would like two of them please ;)

its a cinq :) wanting to do away with the troublesome immobiliser and if I get a little more power too, that's just a bonus :)

This is for Mckcrich as I can't add photos in a PM :)

This is the current ECU in the car: V reg (1999) SPI 1.1 Seicento sporting.

IMG_20130823_204517.jpg

This is the ECU I bought with your chip in

IMG_20130823_204600.jpg

and this is the chip

IMG_20130823_215107.jpg

Do you still do these chips also do they fit thw 1242 8v engine or the 1.1 8v (both) does it fit any 16v engine reason I'm asking as I'm going to soon do a engine conversion on a cinquecento. also how do you fit thw chip it self have you got to solder it in ect thanks nick

valyboi, after reading this thread it seems possible they do work for the 1242 8v, not sure if only SPI though. If your current ECU chip is in a socket it will just pull out, but ground yourself and don't wear jumpers over rubber underwear when you swap em :) Unplug the ECU as well.

If no-one's managed to PM the man, I think it's a fair bet that he's not doing them anymore.

There was someone doing them in Israel, of all places, on eBay. It'd not surprise me at all if there was someone doing them in Poland.

Only the SPIs can be chipped, 1108 and 1242. The MPI cars require remapping.

Some of the SPI cars have a chip socket (which makes life easy) the ones with a soldered on chip require a chip socket fitting.

I had a Mckrich chip and one from the chip2race guy in Israel, and performance wise they seemed identical. Search for Cinquecento/Seicento chip on Ebay...about £26 iirc.

Back