Technical cinq hates me,caliper prob

Currently reading:
Technical cinq hates me,caliper prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
right then,yet another simple job on the turbo cinq turns into a problem

went and got the bits i needed for the gt upgrade. lovely blizzard today which cost me some time :(

after the snow died back i got cracked on.struggled with some tight/seized nuts but got the drivers side done.unfortunatly the calipers dont fit under my wheels!:cry:
i can get the wheels on and they brush the rims but as i torque the nuts done its solid on the caliper *sigh*

ive left that one on for now as im cold,wet and a bit peeved to say the least.
so can i shave the calipers down a bit?i dont have an angle grinder or power at the car so im hoping i can do it with the dremel?
hope so though it will be a pain running up and down 3 floors to test them

i'll need to have a look tomorrow.no cash for new wheels at the mo im afraid unless anyone wants to donate some ofr a fiver ;)
i dont know if i would want to go with spacers but it depends how far out i would need to go as the calipers are pretty much to the rim before i bolt it down.
would only be a few mm shaved of the caliper at its highest point.IIRC someone in the cinq brake thread did the same

well theres not a lot in it though as to whether spacers would keep the wheel out far enough i dont know. with the wheel on and the the nuts 'just' on the thread they are brushing the alloys rim.so when you think of the amount of thread it could be as much as 10mm+
whereas im leaning towards shaving the calipers down TBH

in this pic i assume they are shaved down(from the gt upgrade thread) as mines are a fair bit higher than that at the front edge
HT-Remklauwgespoten4.jpg

custard boy said:
im hoping not as turbocinqy 1250 hasnt posted anything and is pushing a fair amount of ponys

I was writing that post before you posted those pics, TBH that looks like a machining job.

I'm the same as yourself, simple sounding jobs become crusades on these wee cars!

Liam

caliper,wont be touching the wheels. basically if you look at the red ones they have an angles area facing out in the pics.that shouldnt be angled.
im looking at flattening it off without that angle.
its one of these things,i'll just have to take a bit off and try it,if i had been a bit smarter i would have taken the fitted one back off as i'll have to fit the one im working on to the other side :eek:

must be a different caliper type,bugger! well on theones i have that angles area is sqaured off and actually gets higher as it comes towards that edge.
so im looking at takeing a few mm off.
just wondering how much clearence should i have from the wheel.eg is 1mm enough clearence?

custard boy said:
must be a different caliper type,bugger! well on theones i have that angles area is sqaured off and actually gets higher as it comes towards that edge.
so im looking at takeing a few mm off.
just wondering how much clearence should i have from the wheel.eg is 1mm enough clearence?

yea seems to be :confused: Mine look exactly like the ones in aarons first post :) Though mine came of a bravo ;)
6870IMGP0077.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back