Technical cinq hates me,caliper prob

Currently reading:
Technical cinq hates me,caliper prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
custard boy said:
yeah that was my thinking,i'll shave a bit tonight and then look at it tomorrow.
one of those things,cant really see how much needs to come of till i try it up after taking some off.

as they say in andromeda 'its never easy'

Or you could get it waxed if stragglers are escaping the bikini line :p ;)

Edit: The calipers I sold to Pete were from a Marea and they fit under some 14"s

Hellcat said:
Or you could get it waxed if stragglers are escaping the bikini line :p ;)

Edit: The calipers I sold to Pete were from a Marea and they fit under some 14"s
as long as i dont go brazilian ;) once i get it all done for sure i'll post in the cinq gt thread as its best if people know theres a better caliper to go for

Pic of mine if you want to compare:

3-picture3.jpg

right as always its more work than it seems.had to take of quite a wide area rather than depth because it was making a wide contact area on the rim.ive shaved down one caliper so far and it is really just clearing the caliper.looks nice but long term i'll be considering replacement wheels and calipers.

sheared of a brake pipe removing the flexi pipe for the braided hose :( surprised it didnt happen on the other side as well as it was a tight bugger.

looked at the rear flexi's and they look akward buggers to get to,i'll leave them for now as i need the car road ready for the end of the week.may bottle it and get the garage to fit them when i MOT it :eek:

both siides are done now but i havent got round to getting a brake pipe made up.was going to get it made at fiat as i was in for bits but when i phone the parts dept they were ****s and said i would have to phone servicing to get a pipe made up????? anyway i'll see bout getting one somewhere tomorrow

right then finally found somewhere to make up a brake pipe for me :rolleyes:
unfortunatly i didnt have the broken pipe as well sealed as i thought and the brake fluid was drained overnight.
tried a quick bleed but its soft pedal tastic,so i'll need to do a full bleed tomorrow.

incidently anyone one know the socket size for the large driveshaft nut?

right then sigh,reallt struggling to get the brakes bled.
i,m using one of those one way valve kits and following the bleed sequence as per haynes
seems to be bubble free but im getting a soft pedal,really soft!
also have a squeek/creak sound from the servo area,now is this just the sound of air or has perhaps the seals on the master cylinder gone?heard of this before when the system is allowed to drain.
if it is air im guessing i'll need to splash out on a eezibleeder.

anyone?

Worry not. I think the soft pedal is partly a result of the larger pistons in the calipers trying to bed in new pads.

After 100 miles or so the pedal should come back to normal, I was a bit concerned when I first did mine.

Seems strange, mine was instantly firm and worked straight out the box, fitted Emmas this weekend (see pics in her folder) which has the older GT calliper 95-97 different pad design same disc, and again firm staright out the box, tho not as storng a bite as mine as they def need to bed in.

I would say get someone to help as its always easier as you really want to lock the bleed nipples when the peddle is still pressed down.

Aaron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back