Technical Chrome removal help

Currently reading:
Technical Chrome removal help

forzaf1

Does anyone know how to remove the chrome strip located at the bottom of the window?

I need to replace it with black trim from another door.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20210202-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210202-WA0001.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 63
I believe it is just glued on to the door, to it would need prising off.

The sticky residue you would see behind it will best be removed by soaking it with a petrol-filled rag (best to do it outdoors and not while you're smoking). Dab the benzina on.. give it some time to work on the glue, and then just wipe it to remove it. You'll need to repeat a few times probably.

Ralf S.

I believe it is just glued on to the door, to it would need prising off.

The sticky residue you would see behind it will best be removed by soaking it with a petrol-filled rag (best to do it outdoors and not while you're smoking). Dab the benzina on.. give it some time to work on the glue, and then just wipe it to remove it. You'll need to repeat a few times probably.

Ralf S.

Nope held in place by two torx bolts under the window slide trim/felt lining

Wind the window down, remove the trim that runs along the door (mentioned above). Pull out the side channel which reveals the two torx bolts. Careful they don’t drop down inside the door. Then it just pulls out.

I’ve got to do one tomorrow so I’m going to do a video.

Looking forward to the video.

I had intended to but I couldn't find the replacement one. I have several but if you saw the state inside my garage and my garage extension which has become a Fiat parts store you would understand why. Slight delay until I manage to find them. Can find two for the other side, but not this one!!!

I had intended to but I couldn't find the replacement one. I have several but if you saw the state inside my garage and my garage extension which has become a Fiat parts store you would understand why. Slight delay until I manage to find them. Can find two for the other side, but not this one!!!

No worries, my project has about another week or so before it goes on sale, so it can wait :)

Back