Styling Chrome Front Bumper trims.

Currently reading:
Styling Chrome Front Bumper trims.

Irish Pappy

Hi I recently bought a set of plastic chrome bumper trims for my Grandaughters 500 Pop.

I assumed the body coloured trims either side of the number plate would just clip out and and the chrome ones replace them.

She lives in Surrey and I am in Ireland so I can only help her long distance.

She says the trims each side of the number plate are not detachable and are moulded into the bumper itself. I wish to get her a chrome rear bumper is this the same?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 110
Hi I recently bought a set of plastic chrome bumper trims for my Grandaughters 500 Pop.

I assumed the body coloured trims either side of the number plate would just clip out and and the chrome ones replace them.

She lives in Surrey and I am in Ireland so I can only help her long distance.

She says the trims each side of the number plate are not detachable and are moulded into the bumper itself. I wish to get her a chrome rear bumper is this the same?
Thanks for your quick reply the year is 2009
I’ve done a bit more looking on the forum and it looks like the originals are moulded into the bumper. A forum member had the same problem and he cut the tabs off the replacements and stuck the replacements on with 3M double sided tape.
Thanks………..IP

Thanks for your quick reply the year is 2009
I’ve done a bit more looking on the forum and it looks like the originals are moulded into the bumper. A forum member had the same problem and he cut the tabs off the replacements and stuck the replacements on with 3M double sided tape.
Thanks………..IP
Assuming they will fit over that's a reasonable solution.
The car is the same age as ours if you've not had it long it'll probably need some tlc soon , the first simple cheap repair that all cars need if not done is a new engine earth strap , if not replaced can cause all sorts of issues from not starting to wierd others

Assuming they will fit over that's a reasonable solution.
The car is the same age as ours if you've not had it long it'll probably need some tlc soon , the first simple cheap repair that all cars need if not done is a new engine earth strap , if not replaced can cause all sorts of issues from not starting to wierd others
(It's my Grandaughter's car, she lives in Surrey, I'm in Ireland). Yes the fitting over bit is the worry, I think her Dad will have a look at it for her.

She's a keen new motorist so I wouldn't be surprised if she had a go herself.

Thanks for the heads up about the engine earth strap, that's what these forums are about.
Where about on the engine/chassis is this strap please?

Regards .......................IP

Under the battery tray to the gearbox you need to take out the battery and tray, you "can" just double it by putting on a new one and using one of the gearbox bolts though that's not the way most do it, remember you need to move the clutch slave cylinder in the process make sure the piston stays put.

Under the battery tray to the gearbox you need to take out the battery and tray, you "can" just double it by putting on a new one and using one of the gearbox bolts though that's not the way most do it, remember you need to move the clutch slave cylinder in the process make sure the piston stays put.
Wow! that sounds like a chore.Thanks for the info. I'll pass the message on to her Dad. If I was over there I think I would double up on the existing strap.
And Thought my old Jag was a pain to work on.
Thanks again.....................IP

Wow! that sounds like a chore.Thanks for the info. I'll pass the message on to her Dad. If I was over there I think I would double up on the existing strap.
And Thought my old Jag was a pain to work on.
Thanks again.....................IP
The car is cheap to fix IF you can do it yourself all the parts are cheap and easy to buy, there are several known areas that are of concern age depending namely thermostat earth strap and "rear hatch wiring " then it's suspension components and rear beam at 10 years old there's other things like the metal water pipe behind the exhaust manifold and it's not uncommon for the door handle to come off/break Bluetooth if fitted often fails

Back