Styling Front Bumper Trim

Currently reading:
Styling Front Bumper Trim

Hi.

Hope someone can help. My son's girlfriend has a 500 Lounge that had a chrome front trim added from new, but it's fallen off - see the attached photo. I've searched high-and-low and can't find a replacement anywhere. It seems to be a rare thing as I've never seen another 500 with one - and I've now become obsessed at looking! As you can see the support trim is left and looks awful, but I can't just remove that as it will leave holes.

I think it's called an A-trim, or bull-bar trim, and was meant to echo a classic 500.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_6410.jpg

Fiat Part number 50901674

I've been on the lookout for one of those for a long time - simply not available (and ridicaulously expensive even when they were!). As John says, remove it. You might be able to cover the holes and simulate it with this stuff to cover the holes if you don't want to repaint the bumper;

I think it's called an A-trim, or bull-bar trim, and was meant to echo a classic 500.
I remember these; they were a dealer-fitted accessory back in the day, and expensive for a bit of purely decorative chromed plastic. Unsurprisingly, I don't recall seeing many cars fitted with these when they were current. They were dropped by 2015, as they're not compatible with the bumpers on the facelift models.

Out of production for at least eight years, finding a new replacement will be challenging; I've had a quick look on all the usual websites, including the italian ones, and there's no stock. In the unlikely event that you do find one, expect to pay at least £200.

A trawl round the breakers is another option, but 1) many will by now be damaged or weathered 2) getting it off and refitting may cause further damage and 3) I can't imagine a breaker selling this without the bumper, which also won't be cheap.

If you can't live with it, the suggestion to remove it, fill the holes, and respray the bumper may be your least worst option. You might also need to replace the centre chrome trim panel, but at least these are readily available. Personally speaking, I'd only attempt this with the bumper off the car.

A general rule of thumb, applicable to any marque or model, is that any limited run or special edition trim parts, even if available at all, will likely cost a fortune.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this part tends to come away very easily. I have glued ours down numerous times. If it were to be lost there's is no way I would pay that kind of money for what is nothing more than a strip of plastic. I would consider plugging the holes in some way that makes it look like it was always meant to be like that. Perhaps some coloured or chrome studs. Or some small plastic circles on top of the holes. It would save a full bumper respray.

Unfortunately, this part tends to come away very easily. I have glued ours down numerous times. If it were to be lost there's is no way I would pay that kind of money for what is nothing more than a strip of plastic. I would consider plugging the holes in some way that makes it look like it was always meant to be like that. Perhaps some coloured or chrome studs. Or some small plastic circles on top of the holes. It would save a full bumper respray.
Probably could just sit and keep an eye on ebay for someone selling a bumper in the same colour or buy a used bumper off ebay and getting someone to paint it cheap. A body shop might paint a bumper on its own for £100 - 150 which is still cheaper than £200 for a replacement trim

Back