Technical Chirping clutch

Currently reading:
Technical Chirping clutch

paulbrannan

Hi,

when the clutch is depressed I can hear a distinct chirping noise. This has been going on for a week or so and seems to be getting louder (especially when the clutch is fully depressed).

It's just been serviced recently too, does this mean I'm going to have to fork out more on it?

Cheers

you will need a new clutch 3 piece kit as your release bearing is failing get it done before you lose the clutch completely and possibly damage the gear box casing

back street garage will do you one for as little as £150

Yes, If it were me, I wouldnt be tempted to save money just getting the release bearing done. Its the stripdown that costs and its cost effective to renew the whole clutch while in there

Thanks for the replies. Not the news I was hoping for but good to know whilst I can still do something about it. Any ideas how much it would cost to get a whole clutch done? Can I ask as well whether you think this was a fair price for the work I've just had done? MOT, Rear shocks, OSR trailing arm & brake cylinder, 2 rear axle repair bushes, bleed & readjust brakes. Total cost was ₤370 Cheers

Last edited:
Back