Check engine

Currently reading:
Check engine

Dzso

Hi there!

Sorry if I write something wrong but I try, so I have a Punto elx 75.
When I start the car the engine goes up to 2000rpm and the check engine light is turning on after 1 minute it’s turning off. When I go with the car after 2000 rpm the light is coming back do you have any solutions for this thing?

Attachments

• 99D42DB8-7633-4BF3-A1FF-8485C806CE95.jpeg
    99D42DB8-7633-4BF3-A1FF-8485C806CE95.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 160
Hi there!

Sorry if I write something wrong but I try, so I have a Punto elx 75.
When I start the car the engine goes up to 2000rpm and the check engine light is turning on after 1 minute it’s turning off. When I go with the car after 2000 rpm the light is coming back do you have any solutions for this thing?

Hi :)

Does it Sound ok..

Or does it Sound 'bad'

I Think that the 'injector' just means engine management system

A basic misfire:
Damaged (or loose) spark plug
Loose HighTension cable
Failing Coil Pack

Can all cause this

Let us know more :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
When the engine is cold then I get the light. After the working temperature the problem is gone. Maybe the thermostat?

When the engine is cold then I get the light. After the working temperature the problem is gone. Maybe the thermostat?
Read the suggestions already posted before you try any thing else.

No not likely to be thermostat .

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi!
After almost a month the problem is came back. After a cold start the little spraying nozzle is turning on. I think I order a converter for obd 2 to 3pin thing and I will see what the f. is the problem 🥺

its never a bad thing to have cables and software.. Its not always going to give you a definitive answer but usually points you in the right direction ;)

If the plugs were changed and it was fine for a bit and then started again, that suggests its fouling the plugs - which could be quite a few different things.. What did the old plugs look like when you changed them, block and sooty, light grey/brown, white? And what do the new plugs look like after a month of running?

So after I put the car on the computer this is what are the problems. Can be the rpm sensor problem? But only when the weather goes down 0 degrees.

BB62A1DB-8BC7-4708-A575-EEDA77D95BD1.jpeg

pretty common issue yes, usually when they start failing you get the light as you describe and not much indication of poor running and it will get progressively worse until it wont run properly and then just wont start at all..
The ecu uses this sensor to tell the coils when to fire and when to inject fuel, so if it fails completely you have no spark or fuel and car no go.

The good news is its not an expensive thing to replace, its held in with one 10mm bolt and one connector (y)

Back