Technical Check engine light, already tried many things.

Currently reading:
Technical Check engine light, already tried many things.

JoepLll

Hello we have a FIAT 500 2014 0.9 Twinair turbo with a check engine light, it puts the car into limp mode, we then have to drive a little and turn the car on and off or start and stop it a couple times and we don’t have the limp mode issue anymore but check engine stays. We have already replaced the ground earth cable. We used a Carly scanner which gives us 0 errors. We’re clueless on what it could be. Any suggestions?

A more specific scanner like MES or get a dealer diagnostic. Costly but their equipment picks up stuff other types dont. Sometimes worth doing this so you can get to the problem without wasting more time and money. Good luck.

Hello, I was able to borrow a scanner from someone nothing special extremely cheap one but It gave me this, a red cross next to EGR, could this be it?

Attachments

• 059BBF05-4114-4963-ACD0-3784ECE13C63.jpeg
    059BBF05-4114-4963-ACD0-3784ECE13C63.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 40
Hello we have a FIAT 500 2014 0.9 Twinair turbo with a check engine light, it puts the car into limp mode, we then have to drive a little and turn the car on and off or start and stop it a couple times and we don’t have the limp mode issue anymore but check engine stays. We have already replaced the ground earth cable. We used a Carly scanner which gives us 0 errors. We’re clueless on what it could be. Any suggestions?

Hi :)

What are the conditions that this occurs

Does engine temperature make a difference..

How long have you owned this 500?

One common issue with the Twinair in a 500 seems to be a fractured Air Intake hose

The plastic tubing can crack :-(

Leading to poor running and a Warning light

My twinair has a poor running with Heat..
Get a warning for Misfire after @100 minutes at 80/110 kph

The poor running clears..but the Yellow light remains (this is a 2013 Panda)

Doesnt do this in Winter..but has started again now temps are above 10'c

Tell us more :)

Aye Panda Nut. More associated with diesels because they tend to block them up more so more people complain of problems with them. However many petrol engines also use them and they are becoming more talked about due to inlet carbon fouling on direct injection petrol engines part of the reason for which being laid at the door of exhaust gas recirculation!

JoepL If the Check Engine Light is on then it's pretty certain that a fault code has been posted by the ECU. There are many posts on this forum about how it's advisable to use either Multiecuscan or the Dealer tool to read codes and that other scanners/code readers, 'specially the cheaper ones, can give misleading results.

Hello, I was able to borrow a scanner from someone nothing special extremely cheap one but It gave me this, a red cross next to EGR, could this be it?

I read that as :
Motor..2 x live faults

Also 1x stored code (maybe ignition..spark related?)

No EGR detected

Ideally you need the P####
Motor fault code
P0302 Misfire as an example

Back