Technical cheap mod help!

Currently reading:
Technical cheap mod help!

Pirate said:
i duno about a chip though as ive heard they jus make u use more fuel and are generally a bad idea...

generally yes, they will use more fuel, but you said you wanted more performance...:confused: any performance increases will come from burning more fuel...

also, do you have alloys? it looked like you did from your profile pic...

cinqysxmk2 said:
where did the last load of posts go??? there were about 5 posts disappeared

There's been a bit of spring cleaning ;)

cinqysxmk2 said:
get a half decent backbox and if you're going to get a K&N airfilter, get a panel filter. Even a new replacement airfilter regains a few bhp which would be lost with all the crud on the old one from the last 10 years.

A set of new spark plugs and leads won't do any harm, nor will an engine flush (like redex) or a service...

I've been told the punto 75 exhaust manifold can add a couple of bhp and it's a direct replacement, less than £50 from a scrappy I would imagine.

We really miss out on cheap tuning stuff my workmate has a Honda not sure of the model but it's a sporty job with Civic mechanicals. He bought a brand new stainless steel tubular 4-2-1 exhaust manifold of eBay for £40! & there are loads of them for sale at that price & new ali radiators for the same price - must come from China I suppose the manifold is good quality 304 stainless with good welds & all polished. He said it fitted perfectly.
So is any one in China making Fiat manifolds?...

Back