Cheap installed Alarm for my bravo?

Currently reading:
Cheap installed Alarm for my bravo?

As Title...

Any recommendations?

Needs to make my C/L into R/C/L for definate.

Seeing as I've never bought an alarm I really don't know what I'm looking for but as my cars got quite a lot of new stuff on it I think it would be a worthwhile purchase. its just moneys a bit tight at the moment :(

Cheers,

Dan

Yeah ive fitted a good few of them with no probs, i wouldnt go for a prox sensor as i find it seems to attract more people to your car than deter them then your gonna get sick of hearing it going off and have a "boy who cried wolfe" situation when someone really breaks into it.,.,lol

Nice bravo!.,., love the colour, and the wheels, looks like something darth-vadar would drive if he was in a good mood!.,.,lol

when modifying a car putting expensive mods on it wheels ect ect do u not think its better spending more money a decent alarm getting it fitted properly then getting a cheap one ? why not save up a bit more money ?

One of the reasons car alarms are expencive is due to labour costs so by buying the alarm himself and fitting it himself(if he's willing to have a go) he'll be saving a few quid.,
Its always good to remember when you pay good money for a car alarm to be fitted, that person who fitted it and others working there could have access to you car, weather it be duplicate remotes or whatever, its a growing trend.,.,
Notice how many high end cars there are being stolen these days?
Obviously these arent being taken by chavs and the like.,.,

Good luck with it mate!

If its the little snapon clip thingeys your talking about, there a definate NO NO!,.,
you don't have to cut the wires just splice into them, which basically means peeling away some of the insulation without cutting the cable, then wrap the new wire in and tape it up,.,.,
I'd never use them little clips things for anything, I've had to repair so many jobs that had them fitted. they soften after a while and loose connection and can be dangerous,.,.,.,
I think I listed the wiring colours/locations for your car in the guide but if I didn't just give me a shout and ill get them for ya,.,.,.

its very easy. on a bravo if you fit it behind the glove box you have access to almost all the wires you need. i used the CL relay to work the CL (solder wires onto relay pins). its also easy if you use the hazard warning switch to do the indicators, and the door switch on the pass side to have interior light illuminate when remote used (nice touch). dont bother fitting the immob parts (if it comes with built in immob) because the fiat immob is more than good enough. also you can get an interior light from an HLX or HGT model which will already have ultrasonic sensors, you can replace these with yours for a nice and neat place to fit the unltasonic sensors. looks better than a diy stuck on sensor.

I've got all three keys and another key cut (plastic one as the rubber had perished on the others) so should be ok with that.

is there a door switch on the mk1's jug? (pressure switch) because theres not one on my mk2? so dunno how I'd work that one. I'm very tempted by this now, think its on my list of next three purchases (alarm/sideskirts & door card retrim in that order)

Fingers crossed I dont screw it up!

Dan

I pretty sure there is pin switches on them but i havent seen one i a while., if not you can use the dome light as a trigger for the doors.,.,

Back