IMG_1709.JPG

Panda (Classic) Charmanda(er) The Panda

Introduction

Name Change! Previously known as Charmania for anyone not in the know, she's had a slight rename, keeping the Char but sticking my favourite childhood Pokemon name in there, Charmander, mainly because the first time I ever encountered a Panda I was about 8 years old and Pokemon was my favourite thing in the whole world.

Some details,
1992 Fiat Panda 750 Mania
769cc FIRE engine.
Lowered 40mm.
Seicento Sporting Front Seats
Side Stripes for faster acceleration
Fiat 127 'Palio' Alloys.
Veglia Rev counter, so I can count my revs.

I washed her, wanted to take her somewhere nice for pictures but it hasn't been sunny for long enough to do that, so I'll get nicer pictures at some point....
Here she is now, Charmanda.

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

IMG_1714.JPG

IMG_1713.JPG

IMG_1715.JPG

IMG_1716.JPG

Sorry for the terrible lighting. Can't do much about the sun. :eek:

I was planning on it but the MOT isn't booked until the 26th so won't make it, I'm hoping to make MITcar however (y)

That's bad planning - typical student being a week late.... ;). Ok not quite a week to be pedantic.

You should come along anyway as you're fairly local (ish) as there will be a few Panda's going! :idea:

Last edited:
Well, insurance is sorted, MOT is tomorrow.
I'm nervous :eek:

I replaced the exhaust gasket after much eff'ing and argh'ing (bolts were a little stuborn) so she runs noticably quieter now but theres still a whiff of smoke in the engine bay so I think there may be a small crack somewhere too :(
I fear she may fail emissions, I'm not sure how lenient the pre-CAT test is...

Tomorrow shall reveal, wish us luck :)

sure you not just got oily residues on manifold while you been doing it or something..

I wouldn't expect a tiny leak to make a pre cat fail emissions tbh, but you will find out 2moro. Best of luck, make sure we are the first to know the result!!

Fail :(

Rear brakes imbalanced (Probably just need adjustment of the shoes)

Nearside tyre below legal limit (1.5mm) :bang:

Spare Wheel Insecure :confused: I can't remember what used to secure it but obviously I don't have it anymore...

Bloke said come back in 10 days and he'll give me a free retest which he doesn't have to do so thats kind of him, just got to now get it all sorted (n)

Fail :(

Rear brakes imbalanced (Probably just need adjustment of the shoes)

Nearside tyre below legal limit (1.5mm) :bang:

Spare Wheel Insecure :confused: I can't remember what used to secure it but obviously I don't have it anymore...

Bloke said come back in 10 days and he'll give me a free retest which he doesn't have to do so thats kind of him, just got to now get it all sorted (n)

Not that again! The spare wheel is NOT insecure - the bonnet secures it! There is nothing else and it shouldn't be failed on that. Only the 4wd versions had anything to bolt it to - millions of Mot's have been passed by Panda's so he doesn't know what he's talking about.

N/S tyre - if it's below the legal limit you should really have changed it already :nono:

Rear brake imbalance to sort plus a pair of new tyres by the sound of it - unless one on the axle is nearly new, it's safer to replace in pairs (money notwithstanding of course). (y)

New test centre required, talking absolute ****, any mechanic worth their salt would only have to look at it to see its obvious there is nothing there by design to secure the wheel. Of course they arent allowed to lift the wheel to look underneath it but thats by the by.

They dont "have" to give you a free retest within ten days but I will be buggered if I can find any mot place within 100 miles of my house that doesnt do that.

Joker, new test place needed.

Spare wheel insecure?

Stroke it and tell it you love it :p

Bald tyres? - Muppet!

Poor brakes "but they're all like that"

Sell that Twango and give Char' a bit of love!

Twango :slayer:

You're about the right age John - you'll probably understand why I suddenly thought of Bungo Rory Twang & Boots. Spookily (possums) when I looked up Animal Kwackers they played an ode to your dog - weird old world, and odderer still children's telly we were subjected to! I actually saw Animal Kwackers live in concert at the old Aylesbury Civic Centre - now sadly demolished to save money (by spending multi millions on a new theatre! :rolleyes: )

:worship:

Edit: while I'm going off on a tangent - Bob scout will appreciate that his council tax was wisely spent replacing the Civic Centre as repairs were about £100k a year, on a £25m theatre which cost £47m

http://m.bucksherald.co.uk/news/mor...-cost-of-waterside-theatre-revealed-1-2467797

Yeah right - £47m and counting. homeward will appreciate the look of it though - maybe - the inside looks like piles of logs which is either good or bad! :tempt:

Last edited:
Yeah right - £47m and counting. homeward will appreciate the look of it though - maybe - the inside looks like piles of logs which is either good or bad! :tempt:

The outside is okay (although not wonderfully original... -- did they get their inspiration from a Pringle...?!); but the inside is ghaaaaaaastly.... :yuck:

The outside is okay (although not wonderfully original... -- did they get their inspiration from a Pringle...?!); but the inside is ghaaaaaaastly.... :yuck:

Yes it does look odd - I haven't been inside yet but was told it looks better in real life. I don't like it much personally!

I think the outside is meant to look like a ship - not sure how much absinthe you need to make it appear ship like!! :rolleyes:

A typical waste of money having bulldozed a really useful facility, and One of Aylesbury's oldest (and most interesting) pubs!! Progress...... :bang:

Back