Styling Changing Fog Light Bulbs?

Currently reading:
Styling Changing Fog Light Bulbs?

Dirty Waltzer

Has anyone changed their Fog Light bulbs? The owners manual says to take it to the dealer to change them. It can't be that hard can it? Any advice appreciated. I have tried to search for info but not found what I am looking for.

Cheers.

DW

Has anyone changed their Fog Light bulbs? The owners manual says to take it to the dealer to change them. It can't be that hard can it? Any advice appreciated. I have tried to search for info but not found what I am looking for.

Cheers.

DW

Hi mate, right im just guessing, but on my GPS I have a floor pan and just take the screws off and you should be able to access the fogs from their, I should imagine that the access will be like getting into the Head Lights. Let us know how you get on mate (y)

Cheers.

DW

I have a broken O/S Foglight glass & have been told (yesterday) that it is a sealed unit. £52 +VAT to replace! Only 3 5mm Allen screws though - so an easy job. I believe that it IS possible just to replace the bulb, but I can't be bothered to jack the car up & look....;)

Alright I've done it. Here's how it goes.

1. Remove the small front corner floor pan panel (one screw at the back and it slides out).

2. Reach into the hole where the corner floor pan panel was and feel for the wiring into the fog light. On the outside of the plug is a latch that holds the plug in place. The latch will feel like a long flat plate, flared at one end with a groove in the centre. Pull down and out down on the latch to release the plug. (If you have trouble get a small mirror and a torch and you will see what you need to do)

3. The fog light is held in place by three allen key screws, one above and two below the fog light. Remove these screws and you are ready to remove the entire fog light assembly from behind the bumper.

4. The fog light assembly is removed through the void where the corner floor pan fits. It is a little tricky as it is a confined space and the fog light assembly needs to be turned and maneuvered in a certain way to fit through the gap. Persevere and it will slide out. I would suggest putting a towel or similar on the ground to avoid scratching the fog light lens. Alternatively jacking the car will make it easier as you will have more room to maneuver the fog light assembly.

5. Now to change the bulb unscrew the back panel of the fog light (1/4 turn and it will pop out, remove the plug from the back of the bulb, pull out and apart the two wire arms that hold the bulb in place and replace the bulb.

6. Reinstall in reverse and repeat for the other fog light.

Tips:

- Allow an hour to do the job so that you are not rushed.
- Jacking the corner up will make it easier and give you more room to move.
- The left side is easier than the right as there are less pipes etc to get in the way behind the bumper.

(y)

I have upgraded headlights, side lights and fog lights with Narva Arctic Blue bulbs. Also repaced the front indicator globes with Narva phantom silver globes.

I'm very happy with the end result. They give off a much whiter and brighter light. Look a lot better the the stock yellow lights as well.(y)

Last edited:
OR you could just jack up the front end, unscrew the plastic endcap, release the little spring-clip that holds the bulb in place and replace the bulb, and do everything back up. Job done in 20 mins (15 of which spent with the fiddly litle spring clips lol) :D

I've got the holders out of the fog light casing but the bulbs are well and truly stuck in the bulb holders, can they have welded themselves in because any more jiggling and pulling and the bloody things are going to break!

No rotation to be had they are H1 bulbs.

anyway, job done, it seems they had fused themselves into the holders, some WD40 and plenty of jiggle jiggle and they finally came loose, broke the bulbs in the process but no matter, new Xenon style Osrams installed, all is well.................

Back